Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's Almost Time :*(

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you cry before school even started too?

Options:

Yes

No

Havent gotten to school age yet

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 25

View Results

For my little girl to go to school! She begins in august and we are already shopping for uniforms, supplies, book bag, lunch bag etc. Since she has to wear a uniform, i want to splurge on shoes and bags lol. But my confession is, after all the years Ive said,

" I cant wait until she grows up, starts school. Get time in the day to do things without toting her beside me" Or "I cant wait to walk her into school for the first time"

I'm so sad! I know it is a few months away, but it is breaking my heart to know in that short amount of time we wont have mommy and me days anymore! No more sleeping in, going to do shopping and nails together in the weekday while daddy is at work. No more baking cookies at noon. Lol i know i can still do these things with her on the weekends. But, its not the same. My baby girl is growing up and it is so hard knowing this is the beginning of the end of my sweet baby. I cant have anymore children and she was my first so its bittersweet no matter how i try to spin it.

Well there is my confession for the day.

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM

BUMP!

destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Awe! Im not to that stage yet. Im not ready for him to go to school. I'm not ready to think about it! Its ok it just means your a good mommy! I know I will cry too. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rydersmommy178
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:30 AM
:( sorry momma! My DS is only gonna be two this summer, and I cried when DH and I were talking about him going to school in a few years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM
I did a happy dance. I know, I'm a terrible mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM

BUMP!

metalmommaof3
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Sons first day of school i decided to walk him to school instead of drive and he was so excited and i held it together the whole time up untill it was time for him to go to class and my dd and i walked home i cried the whole way home and i couldnt wait for 3 oclock to hit so i could go get him lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Quoting metalmommaof3:

Sons first day of school i decided to walk him to school instead of drive and he was so excited and i held it together the whole time up untill it was time for him to go to class and my dd and i walked home i cried the whole way home and i couldnt wait for 3 oclock to hit so i could go get him lol

see? i know it will be like this for me! Oh my goodness, im in trouble lol. any  advice on how to handle it?

3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM

We started sending our dh to Montessori school when he was 3 because there weren't enough kids in his life to socialize with (we just moved to the area and didn't know many people).  I remember just thinking that he was too young to go, even for half a day.  I didn't emotionally prepare myself for it so yeah, I did cry my eyes out.  Thinking about it now I probably would have cried even if we waited until he was 5. 

she_walk_softly
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:52 AM
I cried when my son started school...and about a month in the school said to stop calling to check on him,they will call me if there is a problem :) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aimee_wren
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM

My DD starts preschool in Aug. They told me yesterday that we register for it next month!!!!  I cried then so what is it going to be like when I have to take her to school!!!  UGH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)