Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Automatic divorce?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

Just curious about something ladies... when you got married, now correct me when I am wrong here, but you and your SO took vows to love and support one another through everything, no matter what, until death... correct?

Why is it when the smallest thing happens that someone vents about everyone runs to answer with DIVORCE???

now please do not get me wrong, i understand many reason for divorce and its not always your choice... BUT (for the other times) don't u think u owe it to ur children to try everything in your power to make it work, if possible???

Another question... are you from a split home? Is that why divorce is such an easy decision to make for so many of you because thats what you had growing up??? (i would think it would make u want better for your children, but i guess thats just me!!!) 

Thought this could be a nice little debate today!

***FYI i am not bashing anyone, just would like some explanations as to why our morals have gone to the shitter!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I would divorce for infidelity, abuse of me or the kids of any kind, runing us financially, and addiction.  Life is too short to be unhappy and disrespected. 

illegallyblonde
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
People need to divorce--it keeps me employed:-D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM

YES I agree with you, what i meant was why is divorce the 1st answer for the stupid, not MAJOR problems???

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I would divorce for infidelity, abuse of me or the kids of any kind, runing us financially, and addiction.  Life is too short to be unhappy and disrespected. 

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Such as? 

I don't know anyone who divorced for a reason that I would consider stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

YES I agree with you, what i meant was why is divorce the 1st answer for the stupid, not MAJOR problems???

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

CrazyLife1996
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM
It truly depends on the relationship. My husband and I have gone through an extremely difficult path at times but we have gotten through them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been through affair,addiction, lying. It's good now. Because I stood through it and worked on it. Why? Because I love him. IM STRONG ENOUGH TO FORGIVE BECAUSE IM SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES.
mamaKoetter
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Ive been married 7yrs. dh has cheated we dont jump to divorce. sure it MIGHT make life easier than dealing with & working thru our prob. i agree with u OP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes I think this site is anti-marriage...at any little thing so many ladies throw out 'divorce the bastard!'

Whatever happened to COMMUNICATING? Instead of being on CM crying about your marital woes, talk to your spouse! 

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Well yes i hear ya but some things are an instant BUH BYE, such s pedophilia, rape or drug addiction.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this

actually, "until death" was not a condition in our vows.  I did that intentionally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)