Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think anyone who is on welfare or PA should have to be...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Drug-tested.  

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Replies (231-240):
sweetpea1217
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Fine by me...I'm on welfare and I'm 100% drug free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM
As I already explained, I was being sarcastic. I was saying we know the old stereo types already, I jump through lots of hoops as it is and get over it was directed towards the same old arguement...sorry the internet doesnt have a "insert sarcasm here" button but thats how I tried to write it. Im sure you are lovely and do NOT believe you are a druggie, neither am I.

Quoting Anonymous:

really?!? I just graduated college, passed my state boards, DO NOT do drugs, and have a wonderful family, and DF who works full time, and ALSO is going to school. I get PA. So......what does that make me???

Quoting Anonymous:

OLD ARGUEMENT! Everyone knows that people on pa druggie second class citizens who dont jump through ENOUGH hoops.....get over it.

ramonafrog
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Ha! Ok. I'm uneducated. Riiiight... My aunt was a caseworker my entire life intil 2 years ago when she was able to retire. I've heard countless stories for the better of 25 years about people and how they abuse the system...and many stories about people who used the assistance to better themselves and get out of their situation.
I don't even think you even remember the point you were trying to make...if there actually was one.
Whatever though. I'm done talking to you.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

lol I love how you are assuming that I'm on PA :P it's hilarious.... because I'm not! But hey, go ahead.

I only said that it wouldn't cover my neccessities.... you're views are stupid. You're not educated at all on the PA system, requirements, etc.

Quoting ramonafrog:

Way to go! You have nothing to back up your opinion besides telling me that my views are stupid? Ok... Lmao.

All I see in your responses are a crap load of excuses. You are completely missing my point. But hey...as long as you're content with your life who am I to say anything, right? Wrong. As long as I, and millions of others, are effected by your decisions and as long as you to continue to think you have a right to do whatever you want with no consideration for this effects...my opinion matters.

Ya know, just for the record... I don't even have a problem with people smoking pot. What I have a problem with are people who are on PA (which means they are in dire need of assistance and would otherwise go without basic necessities) and smoke pot. I'll say it one more time...if you can afford to get high you shouldn't be on PA.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

and you have no right about money that other people are getting.... taxes go to other things besides PA.... your argument is stupid.

I never said that the assistance is supposed to cover everything.... I said it WOULDN"T! The whole get a job arguement is also stupid.... there are a lot of people on assistance who have jobs, 1-2 at least and still need assistance.... there are people who CAN'T get jobs because no matter how many hundreds of interviews they go on, they can't get work that will support their family to get off....

Quoting ramonafrog:

I did say give or take.

In any case your'e missing my point. I have no problem with PA. At all. Ive been on numerous programs from time to time. My problem is that the government forks over a shit ton of money to people who stay high 24/7. My original point is that if people are required to drug tests for jobs, people should be willing to submit to drug testing for PA. Only the people who would test positive should have a problem with being tested.

Also, I couldn't give a rats ass whether welfare and fs covers all of your costs. It's not the government's responsibility to fully provide for YOUR family. You have no right to bitch about the free money you receive not being enough. If it's not enough...get a job. It's that plain and simple. Where there's a will there's a way. If you can't make a way, you don't really have a will. Yes, I'm qualified to have this opinion. Your last sentence should be "for those of you Not willing to drug test, would obviously fail one". I have been on PA. I have no problem with people needing help. My problems are those who abuse it, expect it, and complain that it's not enough.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

ummmm no.... Family of 4 here in Ohio gets $500 a month in welfare and less than $600 in FS.... my rent alone is $470.... that damn welfare wouldn't cover all of my needs, rent, electricity, gas in my car to go search for a job that is required, etc.... for all of you who are saying stop welfare, drug test, etc.... obviously have never been on it.

Quoting ramonafrog:

$500/ month x thousands of families + food stamps...let's see, a family of 4 with no income (bc afterall to qualify for welfare there has to be no income in the household) that'd be about $700 in fs (give or take a few dollars) + more than likely the kids are all in Medicaid + many families are also on housing... So yeah, I'd say a butt load of money.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Lol you know.... $500 a month welfare for a family of 4 is a shit load of money

Quoting pasteeater:

Butt loads of money? Lol yeah. I'm not on aid but I'm sure they don't get butt loads of money. LOL

Quoting ramonafrog:

I agree. People have to drug test for many jobs. Why should we just hand people butt loads of money without making sure they aren't drug addicts?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortycmlb
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I was on it and I agree/ wheres the poll?

jojojack
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM

agree!

mommytothree07
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, but it needs to be for REAL drugs, not marijuana.

why? if I went to drug test for a job they wouldn't hire me if I had marijuana in my system..

mama_2_jasper
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM
I don't think they should drug test for marijuana for a job either. And not every job drug tests. I have never been drug tested for a job.

Quoting mommytothree07:

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, but it needs to be for REAL drugs, not marijuana.

why? if I went to drug test for a job they wouldn't hire me if I had marijuana in my system..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytothree07
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Quoting mama_2_jasper:

I have been drug tested at every job I've ever had.. yeah I think if you're on welfare you shouldn't have any drugs in you're system unless its a cancer patient
diamondsetter
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Didn't they pass that law or something? I thought you did have to be drug tested now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:17 PM

some states already do this.  supposedly it didn't make a difference.

other than that, you do not want my opinion on how PA should be handled....

my way would definitely sdiscourage people from staying on it long......

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

-DLC

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)