Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of older girls please answer

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
So tonight we were eating out and my nine year old and a boy her age were talking past each other and they both did a full body look over lol. It was priceless...and super embarrassing for my dd. Lol. Anyways she is nine....and this was the first time she had done this in front of me. She usually would look at them like they had two eyes...but tonight it was slight smileand an eye twinkle....anyways I told her I sae her looking at that boy and she blushed so I didn't say anything else. But I was wondering how old your daughter was when she started to notice boys....
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chuckydoodle
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM

It was about that age for my eldest that I started finding little drawings on her notebooks about one boy or another. And reading her dreams of getting married and love and all that. It was all really innocent and cute. But it did tell me it was time to get further into the talk with her. 

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I think both my girls started noticing boys they thought were cute around that age....never gave them the full body look though lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TERRIDAWN
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I think that my daughter Kristin was thinking that boys were cute when she was around 10 years old,

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter had her first crush in kindergarten.  He was scared the first day of school and he cried and she held his hand on the playground....We moved in 1st grand but when we moved back at the end of the year and he heard she was coming back, he bought her a stuffed dog and had for her on her first day back....

In second grade he had his bday party at a skating rink and they skated holding hands the whole time....And my kid who couldn't eat without wearing half her food, sat with him and ate chocolate cake and never got a crumb on her....

momo3fgr8tteens
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:14 AM

My daughter was 4, serioulsy she had a crush on a boy in her preschool and he had a crush on her and he would bring her flowers to preschool. Fortunately at 13 she is not all into them right now. My 11 year old however has a huge crush on a girl in his History class and according to dd the girl has one on him too. Wow, nine, that is hilarious. 

bcoll
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Cailyn is 10 and she recently started "looking" at boys, Kenzie is 8 Scary and has had one crush or another since kindergarten lol. She actually was talking to me about a boy recently and said, oh don't worry, I like him, but he's not the kind of boy you marry, he's the kind you take to the prom! Lol What the heck does that even mean? Scary that there are still 2 more girls after them...

For what it's worth all 3 of my boys have been noticing girls since around 1st grade

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

My oldest didnt show interest in boys till she was 15.  My youngest crawled out of the birth canal and flirted with the doctor. 

FL2AK
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM
My daughter is 9 and doesn't pay attention to boys yet.
jonellg
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM

not yet thank goodness. but the boys at her school are always trying to carry her bag, she even got an invite to a 2nd grade boys party. She's 6 lol

mandella79
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I don't know about her noticing boys but my 9 yo dd has been really pervy lately.  Well at least she thinks she is being pervy, she doesn't even get her own jokes.  Must be something go around at school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)