Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Gyno thinks I have....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

I need some help. I went to the Gyno yesterday for my check up, and she noticed that I itch a lot (Not down there just all over). I do not know why there is no rash, or bumps or anything I just itch all the time, more so in my sleep than not, I itch to the point that I cut myself with my nails while I am sleeping. She started asking me questions like:

Are you tired all the time? Uh YES! I have a Four year old and a 17 Month old, Of course I am tired!

Do you eat 3-4 balanced meals? No. I do not, Since I had my daughter I never seem to be hungry, I always seem to have a minor upset stomach 99% of the time

Do you get frequent Headaches? Yes, But I thought this was a just from the BC pills we have been trying (I can not find one that I like)

Anyway, the list goes on.. she sent me to get tested for Hepatitis B.  I am crapping my pants over here... I have not cheated.. And I do not know if My husband has, Well He did when we were dating for like 2 weeks but that's a whole long other story.. We both have tattoo's He how ever did get one at a tattoo party (The owner of a local shop came over for a bday party to do them, the shop is a reputable shop, but I can not help but think that that's where it came from, if the test were to come back positive) I do not use any drugs, there is no possible way I could have gotten this, unless my husband is lying about it. Which I guess could be possible, but I would like to think not. And he has no symptoms what so ever.

I do not know what is going on, my whole world is spinning around me.... How could this happen??? I guess I just need some advice or guidance here,  My husband doesn't really want me to worry about it till the test comes back, but I cannot help but think about it, ALL THE TIME!

I have 9 out of 10 symptoms listed on line. I do not think I look Jaundiced at all, but my Dr. Mentioned I looked a bit yellow to her... I don't think I look different, but I see myself every day she doesn't.

WHAT THE HELLLL? How is this possible? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink_Sunshine
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, this isn't only Sexually transmitted. It's blood borne as well.

Hepatitis B infection can be spread through having contact with the blood, semen, vaginal fluids, and other body fluids of someone who already has a hepatitis B infection.

If you got a bad needle of someone who had it and there happened to be tainted blood in it, that could've yielded Hep B as well. Have you recently got a new Tat? Do you share razors with someone else? Kissed anyone open mouthed? Then it could've very well been spread that way.

Infection can be spread through:

• Blood transfusions (not common in the United States)

• Direct contact with blood in health care settings

• Sexual contact with an infected person

• Tattoo or acupuncture with unclean needles or instruments

• Shared needles during drug use

• Shared personal items (such as toothbrushes, razors, and nail clippers) with an infected person

Most of the damage from the hepatitis B virus occurs because of the way the body responds to the infection. When the body's immune system detects the infection, it sends out special cells to fight it off. However, these disease-fighting cells can lead to liver inflammation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001324/

I hope your test results are negative. Update us and let us know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Damn, I would shit a brick

*Hope you don't have it GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Hang in there I hope you get good news and its something else.
kiaras_mommy
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM

My mom got Hep B from a blood transfusion. She found out because a year after her surgery she decided to give blood to say thanks and give back because a donor had saved her's. They called her and told her she had Hep B so she could no longer donate blood. She was devastated at first but said it was better than being dead.

Pink_Sunshine
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:22 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Maybe I need to get tested. Thank you for posting this! And I hope all goes well with you.
EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Damn

izz2005
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM

i hope u get good new please keep us updated

evanne337
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Hugs. Hope everything turns out o.k.. when will you get the results?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TERRIDAWN
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I hope everything turns out well for you. Please keep us  updated. Sending lots of huggles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)