Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confession: I'm really starting to think there is something wrong with my parenting. Potty training related!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM
  • 2 Replies
My 2 yo (29 mo) is refusing to begin potty training. She refuses to even sit on the potty at all ever.

So I just assumed she's "not ready" ... Whatever. However, now she's refusing to wear any one diaper for longer than 20 or 30 minutes. Example: it's 9:40 am and she has worn 4 diapers since she woke up a 7 am. She just takes it off and asks for a new one. She even does it in the middle of the night.

Her strong dislike for diapers makes me think she IS ready for the potty but nothing I do (bribing, praising, singing songs about the potty, reading books about the potty, letting her watch me potty...) is working. She won't even go near it. Idk what todo but i am going to go broke buying so many damn diapers!!!

Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kemmerer411
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Be patient and it will happen.  Some kids just take more time.  My son was over 4 years old before he was fully trained.  I worked with him for a very long time.  I thought it was me but it wasn't.  My younger son took a couple of months to train.  Some kids just take longer.  I would explain to your 2 year old that she needs to wear a diaper or go to the bathroom.  It will get better.  I wouldn't worry too much at this age yet.  She is still very young

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)