Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your thoughts about....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:00 AM
  • 16 Replies

The Children book called...

The Dumb Bunnies?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Dumb-Bunnies-Sue-Denim/dp/0590477099

My six year old checked it out at her school library and the first thing I thought was, some of the CafeMommers would probably object to this book LOL

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2meow
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:03 AM

BUMP!

Pink_Sunshine
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I probably wouldn't think anything about it. I looked. I didn't see anything objectionable.

Holztastic
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Lol, that looks hilarious.

Schleetle
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM
It looks silly, but idk no worse than captain underpants that my son reads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Who cares if it gets them reading...

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Well there was a part in the book it says that the girl was WHITE. She was so WHITE that they called her red goldie locks.

Again I kept thinking of all the radical posts in CM and how someone would probably be offended especially if it said black LOL

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

I probably wouldn't think anything about it. I looked. I didn't see anything objectionable.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Eghh... not to educational but for the age range it targets they can understand the sarcasm.

Pink_Sunshine
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:14 AM

oh I would have to read the entire book. Looks like they have an entire series going on.

Quoting iluv2meow:

Well there was a part in the book it says that the girl was WHITE. She was so WHITE that they called her red goldie locks.

Again I kept thinking of all the radical posts in CM and how someone would probably be offended especially if it said black LOL

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM

i think its a funny book.... humorous books are good.   the bunnies are dumb right?  you can talk about how to make good choices and if you can present the word dumb and explain - "we can know the word and not use it - and we already dont call people names so that is obviously not allowed.but what choices could the bunnies made that would make them smarter choices??  "   then you really shouldnt bother having kids right?   its not hard.  

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)