Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

delaying vaccines

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
If you're someone who chose a delayed vax schedule for your child, why did you choose to do it that way?

While ultimately I've decided to vax dd I've always felt nervous about. And sometimes in the past I've put it off a month or so. I'm going to continue as I'm well educated on it and have decided that the benefits far out way the risks for us. But I sometimes wonder about delaying the rest of them. She is 12 months currently. She has always been tiny (2nd percentile for weight) and while she is otherwise healthy, I just feel funny about doing things that are intended for a child that is generally a lot larger than her. Not sure if this effects anything at all having to do w/ vaccines but it just makes me feel uncomfortable with it. She's not in day care and she's still bf so she's not in a HIGH risk category but does still come in contact with a lot of kids and people.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone who has done a lot of research and decided to delay vax could share w/ me why. I'm just wondering if it may be appropriate for my dd. Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Bump
devinsmom42
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Heres a bump for u. I don't vax mine at all :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSue87
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I am delaying DD's because she had bad reactions to them when she got them. Throwing up, fever, tiredness. She will be 3 in July and that is when I plan on starting back for her to get them. I just didnt think her immune system was up for them at the time. That being said, she has the chicken pox right now lol. There are a lot of other women on here who will be able to give you real info, my mind is not working well this morning! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM
It sounds like you have a fairly specific concern that may be best addressed with your daughter's pediatrician.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:29 AM
They have incentive to push vaccines and they just say stupid stuff and don't listen to what I'm saying so it's useless to discuss w/ them.

Quoting Anonymous:

It sounds like you have a fairly specific concern that may be best addressed with your daughter's pediatrician.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I see no real issue with delaying or slowly vaccinating a child over time. The only vaccine I really think needs to be given on a timely manner is the Pertussis one. That illness is currenlty making its way thru the country again and can be especially dangerous to the young ones.  The other diseases right now are not really in big break outs and you should have time. 

Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I delayed till DD was 3. Then we decided we were going to travel with her so she should be vaccinated. I thought that her immune system would be better able to handle so many shots if she was a little older. I regret doing it entirely. She has been sick constantly for the past year since we started vaccines. She is sick again right now as a matter of fact. Always a cold or flu. It seems like she has no ability to fight off these simple viruses since we started giving her shots.

If I had to do it over again I would either vaccinate from birth or not at all.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:39 AM

BUMP

We don't vaccinate at all. I hope you find the information you're looking for.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/387292_2884772599754_1273299282_33296172_1842233479_n.jpg

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)