Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever had a STD or STI?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:50 AM
  • 63 Replies

Poll

Question: Have You had a STD or STI

Options:

I have had a STD

I have had a STI

I have had both a STD and STI

I have had more then one STD

I have had more then one STI

I have more then one STD and STI

I Believe I have a STI but have never been checked

I believe I have a STD but have never been checked

I have never had either

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 85

View Results

I have not had either. I have a pap smear every two years and a blood test yearly for every STD and STI. I have been sexually active for 3 years and only had one sexual partner (SO has had many more then me). I think that since i have had unprotected sex with him that it equals to me also having sex with every other girl he has had unprotected sex with, plus you never know if he may cheat one day or has already in the past, I will not risk  leaving anything undetected.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aislinn
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I have/had HPV. It did cause cervical cancer and they took about 70% of my cervix because of it. I cannot have anymore babies. However, after the procedure, I was deemed HPV free and so far so good. However, since there is not test for men, my husband could be a carrier. 

krunchykorn
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I hear its really common these days.. sorry to hear about that..

Quoting Aislinn:

I have/had HPV. It did cause cervical cancer and they took about 70% of my cervix because of it. I cannot have anymore babies. However, after the procedure, I was deemed HPV free and so far so good. However, since there is not test for men, my husband could be a carrier. 

ClassyMom619
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Nope, never anything

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM

nope.

Aislinn
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Quoting krunchykorn:

Quoting Aislinn:

It is what it is, you know? I always thought I wanted one child. I am luckier than a lot of women who can never even have one. I try to look at the glass being half full when it comes to this topic. lol

Angela_Barlow
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mackiebugsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing yet in almost 30 years thank God cuz I was Not a good teenager..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I've had just about everyone of them!  Guess I'm not lucky when it comes to venereal disease ,lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:59 AM

chlamydia twice from ex

Trichomonas 4 times from another ex, he got it and we kept passing it back and forth. Both relationships were ended because of the STIs.

krunchykorn
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Best you can do in a tough situation! You can foster or adopt, open a kindy.. i know a couple of ladies who have HPV.

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting krunchykorn:

Quoting Aislinn:

It is what it is, you know? I always thought I wanted one child. I am luckier than a lot of women who can never even have one. I try to look at the glass being half full when it comes to this topic. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)