Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, Okay. Who's wrong? Me or ex MIL?UPDATE

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:31 PM
  • 25 Replies

Alright, my mom and I are going half on my almost 4yo's bday party. It's going to be at a bowling alley and we have reserved a lane for 2 hours, 45 bucks covers shoes for 6 bowlers, a pizza, and a pitcher of soda. 

For the last two years, we had HUGE parties, but most of the people invited were people I didn't invite, but people that ex MIL invited.

Not that I have an issue with her inviting people, but the last two years, she's invited seriously 10 people at least. The only problem with that, is that I always end up having to foot the bill.

Everyone who I invited I had paid for. 

This year, like I said, we're going cheap and doing bowling. I have 3 spots open for kids to bowl with my son, and she says she doesn't know if she's coming because she wants to bring people, more than 3 kids to bowl, and just really being difficult. I tell her, fine, bring as many as you want, but beyond 3 kids, you're paying for extra shoes and food for your people.

Now she won't tell me what she wants to do, and the day is approaching, and I want to invite my other friends. I just wish she'd communicate and tell me wtf is going on.

Update:

Okay, well problem solved. Her and her huge family are going to take him to Chuck E Cheese the day after his birthday party, and have another party for him.

We did Chuck E Cheese the last two years in a row, this year, the money just isn't there.

So I know I should be happy that my son gets all this love from everyone, but I can't help but feel like she is trying to one-up me.

IDK. Today has been just a rough day all around.

And no, lol I wasn't invited to the second party... but I don't care. That family is nuts anyway. I wouldn't want to hang out with them all day.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorisMom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Your MIL is being difficult!! I'm on your side! =)

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Contact her and say "if I dont hear from you by _____ I assume you are not adding to the guest list and I will fill those spots."

lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Your MIL is being difficult. Tell her you need to know by the end of the day what she's doing because you want to invite other people. And if she doesn't give you a straight answer, oh well.

pinkanfgrl
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Your mil sounds like a bitch :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM

She pays or they pay for themselves.  I'm not footing the bill for anyone I don't specifically invite.  For all I'd care, she wouldn't be coming either if she needs an entourage for every event.

LoveMyBlessings
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Totally on your side. 

Is your ex husband going? If so, he should get an answer. If not, i'd call and leave a message saying that if you don't have an answer by 7pm tonight, she will need to rent her own lanes for everyone she is bringing. Include that you are using the 3 spots for people you are inviting. Lay down the law.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Yup!

Quoting pinkanfgrl:

Your mil sounds like a bitch :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
honeysuckle827
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Contact her and say "if I dont hear from you by _____ I assume you are not adding to the guest list and I will fill those spots."

AND if she does show up and brings anyone she has to pay for it

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:06 PM

bump

stephanie647
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM
If she's your exMIL why don't you tell her this is your celebration, and she can throw her own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)