Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes im 26 yrs old mom of 2 and asking this....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Ive been on birth controll pills for almost a year now...and decided to stop taking them, my husband knows this.

Anyway its been a long time since ive had a period without the other hormones....

So today when wiping I keep getting a clearish discharge with blood tinge to it...do you think my period is about to start?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Bump
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:00 PM
*facepalm*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Lol or maybe you're going intO labor
MommaLaura
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Could very well be or your body just trying to adjust with the hormones leaving your body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:03 PM
That's what happens when I get my period... But I'm breastfeeding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Thats what im trying to think too.

Quoting MommaLaura:

Could very well be or your body just trying to adjust with the hormones leaving your body.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Not all of us were fortunate enough to have moms who were so open and honest with us. Infact my mom never even told me about periods until mine showed up one night scaring the hell out of me!

Plus my mom had a hysterectomy years before I was born (obviously I was adopted) so I think she just didnt care to talk about any of this.

Quoting Anonymous:

L1558
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:15 PM

It would be hard for any of us to know; however, time will tell. If it occurs regularly, you have your answer. :o)

If it only happens this time, it could be the hormones in your body adjusting.

LilynAustin
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:18 PM

It can usually take a few cycles for you to get pregnant after getting off hormonal birth control.  However, that being said...I went off my birth control after my period in July.  Waited for my period to come in August and assumed I was just off because I went off BC.  Nope, I was pregnant with baby #3!  She was born April 2010.

So, unless you want to get pregnant, I suggest you stay protected!  If you are going off BC to get pregnant, you should be aware that it can take a while to get back into a good period/ovulation schedule.  

I would think though, that you are starting your period, or it's your body trying to get back into a more natural cycle after being on hormones for so long.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:33 PM
what the ???

dude youre 26, youve had many... you have children. you should know all this. lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Not all of us were fortunate enough to have moms who were so open and honest with us. Infact my mom never even told me about periods until mine showed up one night scaring the hell out of me!

Plus my mom had a hysterectomy years before I was born (obviously I was adopted) so I think she just didnt care to talk about any of this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)