Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cheated on my df

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
I've been with my df for 6 years now. About 4 years ago I had cheated on him with a co worker. I'm not justifying what I had did but at that time in my life I was living a nightmare. My df was an alcoholic. I can't even begin to tell you what I had gone through with him. I truly did love him very much but was so blinded by his addiction that I had cheated on him in a way in hopes to find someone to wake me from this horrible dream that I called life. Now that my df is sober and clean our relationship is amazing. I could not have asked for a better man and I'm so greatful I stuck it out and tried to make my relationship work not only for me but for the kids as well.

I've never told my df about how I cheated on him. I just no it would tear him apart but at the same time as much as I try and put the past behind me every now again I get the thoughts and images of what I have done mixed in with the hurt and anger he had put me through.

I've never told anyone about my cheating until now and honestly it feels better to get if off my chest.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Let it all out lol. It happens.. i sometimes when me and SO are foing thru a rough patch i think about it... never have but the thought crossed my mind.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM
It was just such a bad time in my life thy I felt "maybe there was someone better out there for me" I regret my choices 100%

Quoting Anonymous:

Let it all out lol. It happens.. i sometimes when me and SO are foing thru a rough patch i think about it... never have but the thought crossed my mind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Ive learned to never regret anything u do in life. Just use everything as a learning expierence

Quoting Anonymous:

It was just such a bad time in my life thy I felt "maybe there was someone better out there for me" I regret my choices 100%

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Bump!
safi
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Hmm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't ever tell him and act like it never happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:53 PM
4 moms liked this
you didn't stick it out you cheated. sticking it out means sticking by him, supporting him not being a slut

^^^truth
mom2bell
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

you got even becuase he was sick?  thats nice.  so glad YOU feel better, cause it seems it really is all about you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Thank you for judging me I honestly appreciate that.

If you had known my whole story you may have rephrased your statement.

Quoting Anonymous:

you didn't stick it out you cheated. sticking it out means sticking by him, supporting him not being a slut

^^^truth

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this
no i wouldn't. your actions only. if he cheated i would say the same. people are to quick to throw in the towel.

^^still the truth

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for judging me I honestly appreciate that.

If you had known my whole story you may have rephrased your statement.

Quoting Anonymous:

^^^truth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)