Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if he says no

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM
  • 16 Replies

My ex is supposed to get the boys Mon-Fri during the summer. For once in 12 years my parents siblings and I have a chance to go to Illinois for a family reunion and see/meet family my dad hasn't seen in YEARS. The trip is July 3- July 11. my ex is throwing a fit because we will be gone July 4 and it will be both the boys. My youngest has never been out of MD/VA and practically glued to my exs hip. "hes a daddy's boy" "he doesn't listen to anyone but me" are what I get. Mind you he has NO problem if his mother takes our oldest to Florida for a week or more like she's doing next month.

Yes I'm cutting into his time with the boys. But this is family they have never met or who knows when they will see them again. my youngest never got to meet his great great great grandmother who died almost 2 years ago. My oldest met her once and actually started crawling that day with her. the only way he would even compromise is if I left my youngest behind so hes not alone on July 4. I've even offered to let him take the boys to Florida day after Christmas like his mom said they may do.

If he says no I can't take them, I don't know how I'll tell my mom and dad

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleGlitter84
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Well that is his time. Wouldn't you be upset if it was reversed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaslilmen
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM

no i wouldnt, ive told him this.

Quoting PurpleGlitter84:

Well that is his time. Wouldn't you be upset if it was reversed?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

NVL0707
by Mi Vida Loca on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Well it sucks but it is his time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaslilmen
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:39 PM

so im just supposed to leave them behind? im trying to talk to him in some kind of compromise and his mom is telling him he's being stupid by letting her take my son one place but saying "i dont feel comfortable" if its me taking him because he will be alone one holiday

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:59 PM

well, its his time, and he doesnt have to accomodate you. crappy, but true.

emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Its his time with the boys I dont blame him for not wanting you to take them.. There are a lot of dads out there who dont want to spend time with thier kids be happy you have a ex that wants to see his kids! Woould it be really horrible if you switch the dates of your trip for a couple days so your boys can spend time with thier dad?
Colbysmoma
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Hope it all works out for the best!

miss_lisa
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I'd try and compromise, but at the end of the day it is his time. Since the issue is July 4th why not ask if he'll let you take them the 5th through the 11th? He still gets the holiday with them and they still get to meet your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM
he sounds like a douche

does he have a full time job? it seems weird that he has them all week. are you a non custodial parent?
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM

It sounds like his main problem is that it is over the 4th of July holiday.  You said the reunion is from the 3rd to the 11th, so could  you see if he will let you take them the 5th through the 11th and just get to the reunion late?  That way they still get to meet your family and he still gets them over the holiday. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)