Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Describe to me your......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

Describe to me your DREAM home.

Is it a 20 acre mansion in the heart of New York City? A modest home in the suburbs? A "tiny" house on a farm?

What are some features you'd want in your dream home? How many square feet? Open floor plan? Traditional victorian?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
safi
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM
I love what we've got, and i am very thankful for that. 5 private acres an hour from philly, and an hour from baltimore.. 5 baths 5 beds and some annoying ass chickens
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chuckydoodle
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Ten acre's of land out in the sticks no neighbors within eye shot. 2 story home, with full basement and a wrap around porch. A large weeping willow in the front yard. 

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Its a 6 or 7 bedroom. 6 bath. 3 car garage 3 story with elevator.A house  with a built in pool 1 block from the Ocean. Lots of floor to ceiling windows, Big open floor plan. Luxury kitchen so I can cook when my family visits. Big porches across the back 1/2 screened 1/2 open lots of rocking chairs.

***** I have rented this house in NC ******

keisha613
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM

4+ bedroom mcmansion executive home in the suburbs we currently live.  We only have 3 bedrooms now and I would love a 4th or more.  I drive by my dream home all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:16 PM

My dream home would be about 2,000 sq. ft. It'd be on about 3-5 acres of land a bit far from the street but still within a small distance from our neighbors.

I would want hardwood throughout, even the kitchen and bathrooms. I wouldnt be opposed to a gorgeous laminate either since it's a better flooring product despite the negativity of it.

LOTS of windows.

4 bedrooms all on the same floor. Office (which should be standard in homes these days)

MASSIVE laundry room.

Finished basement.

2.5 baths

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I would never want a home with more than 3 bathrooms if i had to clean them.   right now our house is too big.   we planned to ahve more kids and have 4 bedrooms and 3 baths...   i dont like to clean that many toilets....  lol...  

i would like a wrap around porch - idk what i would do with it or why...    i would like an outdoor kitchen (like cali style)   idk why either...   dh wants a sprial staircase - same deal - for no real reason...  

MommyFlood
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM
I love the area we are in (metro atlanta). I would love two acres, a 4bed/2 bath ranch style home with an in lawsuit over a three car connected garage. Partially finished basement that has one bedroom, a media room and a bathroom. I want a large open kitchen. The highest ceilings possible. A crystal chandlier hanging it a high window over my front door. A large back deck overlooking an in ground pool that's completely decked out tiki style with an outdoor kitchen.
Yeah, I dont want much at all out of my dream home!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

A few hundred acres in Colorado with a beautiful 7500 sq foot lodge.  At least 6 bedrooms for all my guests and a giant kitchen.  I want to get lost in my house.  Oh and it must have a library and a claw foot tub.

Something like this

.Angel.Eyes.
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

A warm cozy home with my family in it :) Check. Lucky me!

✞†✞ Blessed ✞†✞

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Nice cottage style home sitting right off my own private section of beach in a climate that's warm year round.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)