Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tubal anyone?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM
  • 24 Replies
Ok moms who has had a tubal? how was the pain afterward? did u have @ the time of a c section or after a vaginal birth? have u ended up preg. after having it? if so how soon? i am curious bcuz i am suposed to get one in june @ the same time i have my 3rd child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
safi
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Wondering too. 5 will be it for me :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I had a tubal 4 yrs ago. I had it done before they closed me up with the c-section. The pain was a little more than having just a c-section only. No, I haven't ended up pregnant and better not! lol

CrazyLife1996
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM
I had a tubal 7 years ago after a c-section. No extra pain that I noticed. Yes 5 years after I starting getting pregnant again. BUT I am extremely fertile. I have gotten pregnant on every form of BC that I have ever used.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I had mine after my 5th pregnancy. I had already signed the papers, to have it right after the birth.

I ended up getting an emergency c-section, so the Dr did the tubal while he was in there.

I had pain due to the C-section so I have no idea what, if any, pain was also from the tubal.

It has been 4 years and no pregnancies for me.

Oh one thing I did notice was that I had heavier periods with a lot of clotting and more cramps after my tubal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM

My tubal was a year ago, and that is 2 years after my youngest. I rested for 2 days and went back to work.

mamaKoetter
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM
My periods are like that normally. i am planning on the tubal @ time of 3rd csection. ive signed the papers already. im just wondering if thats the way to go. i def dont want anymore kids/csections. plus cant really afford to be on birthcontrol. i had IMPLANON after my last baby it worked perfect.

Quoting wrensong:

I had mine after my 5th pregnancy. I had already signed the papers, to have it right after the birth.

I ended up getting an emergency c-section, so the Dr did the tubal while he was in there.

I had pain due to the C-section so I have no idea what, if any, pain was also from the tubal.

Oh one thing I did notice was that I had heavier periods with a lot of clotting and more cramps after my tubal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VioletSpirit
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:15 PM
I had my tubal(cut, burnt and clamped) in July 2009 when my dd was 6 weeks old. There was no pain afterwards. I am 7 weeks pregnant now. Pregnancy after tubal is rare, but still possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:18 PM

If you are sure you are done having kids, a tubal is the way to go, IMO.

Quoting mamaKoetter:

My periods are like that normally. i am planning on the tubal @ time of 3rd csection. ive signed the papers already. im just wondering if thats the way to go. i def dont want anymore kids/csections. plus cant really afford to be on birthcontrol. i had IMPLANON after my last baby it worked perfect.

Quoting wrensong:

Life in a Pagan Family (my blog)
http://lifeinapaganfamily.blog.com/
cryssi_renee
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM
I got mine done after I had my DD last april. No pregnancies, no other problems. I was in a lot of pain but I don't know if it was from the tubal or having the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I had my tubal after a c-section so I can't really comment on the pain of just the tubal.  The pain from the c-section was pretty bad, though.  They were tied in Nov. 2006 and no pregnancy or pregnancy scares as of yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)