Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SSI- Could I? Let's be civil, now.ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay, long story short, I had epilepsy as I was growing up. I no longer have it, but the effects it took on my brain waves are permanent. I'm not mentally slow or anything, just a little... well... I have mental illness.

My neurologist told my mother when I was 14, that even though the seizures were done, I'd always have problems with authority and I'd either and I quote "Be self employed or unemployed because she will have trouble being or feeling inferior to someone else. This will probably prevent her from holding a job for the rest of her life."

I hate to say it, but it's true. I haven't held a job for longer than 6 months. Ever. I was also diagnosed with "Defiant Conduct Disorder"... not sure if I buy into all of that, but it's what the DR said. I also have anxiety.

Could I apply for disability?

ETA: I'll elaborate: I don't really have problems with authority. I did when I was younger like any other kid, but I switch jobs I THINK because I'm addicted to change. I find a new job, and quit the one I have. I change my hair, I change my clothes 3 + times a day, I change my nails and usually buy a new car every year. I like change. I don't want to be the same all the time.

FUCK do I have multiple personality disorder?

And for the haters, I DO have a job, thank you very much.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lynnd4
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:55 PM
I don't have a clue. Here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I don't know conduct disorder is just a nice way of saying sociopath you realiuse that right. I hope that's not your official dianoses otherwise no they will not give you ssi for not being able to listen to authority or for anxiety. YIKES

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:57 PM

No it's not. I've had several psych evals and there's nothing sociopathic about me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know conduct disorder is just a nice way of saying sociopath you realiuse that right. I hope that's not your official dianoses otherwise no they will not give you ssi for not being able to listen to authority or for anxiety. YIKES

SaraSnider
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldnt think so. U can control that to point i think. I have horrible anger issues and bipolar, i control my issues enough to hold a job even tho its hard. And the doctor said u could be self employed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM
U can try. I applied fir my son. He hasnt had an avtive seizure in 10, yrs. But the effects led to aggresive behavior,low iq,and being on the autism sprectrum.. I gave any and all papers abd documents I had for him. They had me take him to one if their dr. 3 months later we were approved. Just try,if they deny u u can appeal the descion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I'm not saying you are but that's what defiant conduct disorder means. dr's are wrong all the time get a second or third or fourth opinion before they lable you with that.

Quoting Anonymous:

No it's not. I've had several psych evals and there's nothing sociopathic about me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM

No you will never get it based on those two issues...I speak from experience,,,,,Trustme

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I know a young man who got disability for being bipolar.

Quoting SaraSnider:

I wouldnt think so. U can control that to point i think. I have horrible anger issues and bipolar, i control my issues enough to hold a job even tho its hard. And the doctor said u could be self employed

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
What causes you to be unable to sustain gainful employment other than your inability to deal with authority? What kind of treatment have you been receiving for your disability?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM

:(((

Quoting Anonymous:

No you will never get it based on those two issues...I speak from experience,,,,,Trustme

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured