Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ive worked in restaurants for 10 yrs ASK ME ANYTHING! Spin off

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM
  • 15 Replies

Ive worked in the food and beverage industry since I was 16. PPl always have a ton questions which I love answering! Ive done everything fine dining, bakeries, steak house, Chinese, Japenese, French, Mexican, Italian, Mass production,purchasing, even fast food and a starbucks! I have been to culinary school and ive done a culinary appreticeship. Ive also visited farms and a sluaghterhouse. Ive participated in every aspect in food and beverage. SO ASK AWAY !

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jucyfrut
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Did 6 years as a cook in the Army, and almost all of my other jobs have been food related.  I am done with food jobs. LOL

But, I do think that going to a Culinary school would be so much fun.  

And, I am always watching the Food Network channel and the Cook channel.

How long were you in Culinary school?  

Did you do any competitions?

1stpreggers
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Culinary school was 2 years, apprenticeship was 3 1/2. I loved culinary school It was so much fun ! I would love to be a culinary teacher. I did compete in a company competition it was awesome!

momofhnd
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Did ya spit in someones food ?

1stpreggers
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:14 PM
No lol but I have seen someone else do it !

Quoting momofhnd:

Did ya spit in someones food ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SerenityMom420
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I have friends who always find a reason to send their meal back.  Do you always remake it or do you sometimes just send it back as it was? : )

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM
My husband works starting at 4pm and he gets home very late around 1-2am. He tries to convince me that his manager makes him stay later, even if he is not scheduled to close. He also refuses to go to bed right when he gets home...and then sleeps in very late. He blames all of this on "work shift disorder" but now that he has quit his job he still follows by this schedule. Is he a lazy ass or is this disorder real?
1stpreggers
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Quoting SerenityMom420:

I have friends who always find a reason to send their meal back.  Do you always remake it or do you sometimes just send it back as it was? : )

Sometimes we send it back the way it was, lol and they dont even complain! If its the same entree they keep complaining about we reconmend they try something else.

1stpreggers
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband works starting at 4pm and he gets home very late around 1-2am. He tries to convince me that his manager makes him stay later, even if he is not scheduled to close. He also refuses to go to bed right when he gets home...and then sleeps in very late. He blames all of this on "work shift disorder" but now that he has quit his job he still follows by this schedule. Is he a lazy ass or is this disorder real?

Ive never heard someone call it a disorder, but me and my coworkers were the same as your husband. Ive worked that same shift before and I usually didnt sleep until about 3or4 and  I woke up around 1 in the afternoon. I spent my life sleeping and working. So yes, its real.

SerenityMom420
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

LOL how awesome!  I get upset when my friends do this, they think they are on some power trip because they send their meal back.  I'm like, "get over yourself!" 

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Quoting SerenityMom420:

Sometimes we send it back the way it was, lol and they dont even complain! If its the same entree they keep complaining about we reconmend they try something else.

1stpreggers
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Quoting SerenityMom420:

LOL how awesome!  I get upset when my friends do this, they think they are on some power trip because they send their meal back.  I'm like, "get over yourself!" 

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Quoting SerenityMom420:

I hate having to send my food back! then I end up hungry watching everyone else eat! lol their mostly punishing themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)