Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flirting crossed the line

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I am a huge flirt, even my husband says so. I like to flirt but it is always innocent and for fun nothing more and most of the time I don't even realize that I am "flirting" it's just me being me and the guys I "Flirt" with realize that it's just for fun and it's just who I am. 

Well there is a new guy at work and I guess I was "Flirting" with him. Truth be told ever since he started there I have had a little "crush" on him but I didn't think I was treating him any different then my other guy friends at work

. The other day one of the girls I work with asked me if I like him,

I said "Yeah, he is a nice guy"

she said no....do you "LIKE" him.

I looked at her in shock and said "Why would you think that?" 

Well turns out that he asked her the other day if I liked him.... (she told him, she dosn't know my life, or who I like). I am so stupid, I thought he had no clue about the "crush".  He is a really nice guy but now I am stuck due to my own stupidity......

I don't what to compleatly stop talking to him or ignore him and be a jerk , but I don't want to think I "Want anything" from him....Uggg. I am a idiot

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rose87
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Learn your lesson?

This is one reason dh and I refrain from small talk and chit chatting with the opposite sex. *shrug* THIS is what happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm very careful who I talk to for this reason. I would hate for some fool to think I'm interested n him.

HopefulMyra
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM
I would just let him know that I'm in a relationship. My Dh is a big flirt without trying to be and girls take it wrong all the time and try to mess with him.. Even when they know he's married. So I'd just be careful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fifi834
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Does he know you're married?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Apparently it was not jut talking but they were both flirting. I can talk to a random person and not have them think I like them unless I purposely put some flirt into it. She gets what she deserves.

Quoting jonellg:

I'm very careful who I talk to for this reason. I would hate for some fool to think I'm interested n him.

ack86
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Maybe just explain to him that you flirt with everyone and it wasn't meant as anything more than friendship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Yes....He has even met my husband one time

Quoting Fifi834:

Does he know you're married?

jonellg
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM

true story

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently it was not jut talking but they were both flirting. I can talk to a random person and not have them think I like them unless I purposely put some flirt into it. She gets what she deserves.

Quoting jonellg:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I never claimed to be innocent in all of this, I take full responsibility for my own stupidity..... But I am trying to find a way for this not to blow up in my face if possible

Quoting jonellg:

true story

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jonellg:

watercolordance
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Be honest? "Hey I hope you didn't get the wrong impression I'm just friendly. Can we still be friends?"

People are to afraid of hurting someone else's feelings. If it can cause you or someone else harm and you MIGHT hurt there feelings oh well. I rather be honest than pay for it later on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)