Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IS MY SON THE ONLY ONE?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies

When he was a baby and I would feed him, I HAD TO BE QUIET A LOT of the time . If I said something to dh out of the blue he would clam up and refuse to eat...throw a fit. I had to wait it out and feed him after he was no longer mad. It could have been something as simple as exhaling.

Now he is two. He was happy enjoying his pb sandwich and about to enjoy his yogurt milk, which he loves so much. He was about to pick it up and drink it. I just said awwww you are going to have your yogurt milk...he got MAD. He refused to drink it. wtf. I went to grab it and take the cap off because he loves open cup. He got more mad. I put it back and gently tried to tell him that's fine and to drink...At one point when I picked it up he hit me. I just said one thing...one thing and he flipped! I have to wait it out now and offer later because even while he is calmly watching his movie, he is not wanting the milk he was just about to drink earlier.

He has weird quirks!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

BUMP

Fifi834
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM
"Terrible Twos" ??
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM
5 moms liked this
Did you not punish him for hitting you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting bmw29:

No. I was busy trying to calm him down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Quoting Fifi834:

"Terrible Twos" ??

That plus his quirks

pristine729
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM
2 moms liked this
My son was definitely not like that. It sounds like he has the control right now... Next time, take the drink away before he refuses it, then see how fast he'll want it, lol. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Quoting pristine729:

My son was definitely not like that. It sounds like he has the control right now... Next time, take the drink away before he refuses it, then see how fast he'll want it, lol. Good luck.

How about when he was a baby. I WONDER if any other baby was like that. I wonder if it's normal or connected.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM
My son is the same way!! But mine will try and tear my house apart bc of me tellin him no. I get stressed very easy with him. My older kids were never like that.... Good luck hun
pristine729
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM
5 moms liked this
Stop trying to calm him down and put him in his room until he is ready to come out, which by then he'll be calm.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bmw29:

No. I was busy trying to calm him down.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM

It is a bit odd to go for a drink then not want it over a simple sentence. It is odd to not be able to talk while he was a baby. I just say quirks but is it not normal?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)