Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What should I tell my son?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My ds is 5 and in school he's been learning to write his first an last name. Well he asked me what daddy's last name was and his sisters and then he asked what mommys last name was. Well since my bf (who's the kids BD) all have his last name and I have my last name. Obviously we're not married so I have a different last name then my kids. So what should I tell him? I don't want him to feel differently because he doesn't have the same last name as mommy and I don't think he would understand just yet.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Replies (11-11):
SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM

My daughter was only 3 when we got married, but now at 7 she knows full well we weren't married when she was born, she knows she was in our wedding (and I think she remembers it!) and she knows that's why she has my last name AND Daddy's.  It's really not that big of a deal to kids.  Although since you're still not married, be prepared for him to ask why LOL!  Once he startes realizing other kids he's in school have parents that are married he may start feeling different and asking questions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN