Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CALLING ALL Lesbian moms!! No bashing, just curiousity!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:16 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have several gay and lesbian friends but I would like to get a broader view on things.

While talking to one of my friends who is a lesbian, I made a comment about "I know why so many women become lesbians!" in reference to most men being stupid. She knew it was a joke and laughed but admitted that those types of comments always bug her because it's like saying that she 'choose' to be gay, or that the only reason a woman is gay is because she had bad experiences with men.

So my questions are these- Did you always know you were a lesbian? Did you come to realize it over time? Did you have an "ahh-haa" moment? Did you have bad 'men experiences' that made you try women? OR you never thought about it, it just happens that the person you fell in love with was female?

Feel free to post anon if you wish. I'm just being nosy! lol

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LovelyBugs
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

my aunt said it was something that she felt for a long time(since she was in junior high she said)...she was married for a number of years and even had two kids but she said it never flet right when she was with my uncle...they divorced and she is now with her partner and very happy! 

alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM

That's awesome she able to find happiness!

Quoting LovelyBugs:

my aunt said it was something that she felt for a long time(since she was in junior high she said)...she was married for a number of years and even had two kids but she said it never flet right when she was with my uncle...they divorced and she is now with her partner and very happy! 

LovelyBugs
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

it is...it was really hard on my uncle for a year or so but they are such good friends now 

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Quoting LovelyBugs:

alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

How did her kids handle it?

Quoting LovelyBugs:

it is...it was really hard on my uncle for a year or so but they are such good friends now 

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Quoting LovelyBugs:

mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I felt it since like 1sr grade but never knew any better and didnt know that not every female felt it til my best friend said I was weird for fantasizing about someone in 11th grade. If that made sense ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Makes perfect sense! Thanks for the reply!

Quoting mama2ameira:

I felt it since like 1sr grade but never knew any better and didnt know that not every female felt it til my best friend said I was weird for fantasizing about someone in 11th grade. If that made sense ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)