Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another cannabis post

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have question about an argument made by the anti legalization side for medical cannabis.

I have heard the argument that you can't explain that cannabis can only be used by people who are sick or in pain to your children. Why not? How is it any different then explaining pain medication or other such medicines/ Is it that your too lazy and just don't feel like it? Do you think your kid is just too dumb?

I really don't understand the argument. I am fairly confident that I can explain it to my son when he gets older. The same way I can explain why Oxycontin or Prozac is okay for some people and not others. The argument just makes no sense to me.e please

I know that if tomorrow scientist found out crack cured cancer I would be all for the legalization of medical crack. I would never want my child to do that drug and have seen the harm it can do, my cousin was addicted to it. I couldn't fathom withholding a drug that helps people because of my son. He is not the only one on the planet that deserves consideration.

Can someone please explain it to me.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyakabooby
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM
People are grasping at straws at this point. They're just looking for any reason to keep it illegal. I think theyre scare everyones going to turn into potheads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ber-Lynn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM
I completely agree with you. I am a medical marijuana user.
Aislinn
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I have no explanation. IMO, there is no rational explanation. so...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:37 PM

There fighting a losing fight, such as other events in history like the women's right to vote it went state by state. When politicians on both sides are afraid to really take a proactive stance it falls on the people. This how my professor explained it, along with other examples and it makes sense. Hey for a "pothead" with a 3.4 GPA I'm not doing too bad ;) That doesn't mean I don't enjoy the subculture of "stoners", I do, but only when it's appropriate and not for everyone to see.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:48 PM
BUMP!
rawzle
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM
There are always going to be people that hate marijuana no matter what. There is just no reasoning with some people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I have ibs and could really use a joint right now
Kaya529
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I wish I had one myself. My back has been killing me the last couple days. 2 more years and I get to move where I can :)

Quoting Anonymous:

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM
I'm in WA. I am able to get my card. I am in the process of getting my records transfered now. But it still makes me nervous on a legal stand point (being a mother). But pills make me sick(not to mention groggy) and I am a sahm so I like to stay alert and busy.

Quoting Kaya529:

I wish I had one myself. My back has been killing me the last couple days. 2 more years and I get to move where I can :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)