Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

34 Reasons to circumcise your son

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 185 Replies
10 moms liked this
  1. You give your son a gift by hardening him early on to life’s inevitable pain
  2. Circumcised boys never have to face teasing for having a filthy foreskin – and your bleeding, stunned, little infant will thank you for this later
  3. Moses and Jesus lived productive lives without foreskins – what, you think your kid is special?
  4. Nazis hated circumcised penises, therefore circumcision must be a good thing
  5. If God intended males to keep their foreskins He never would have put the idea of circumcision into people’s minds
  6. Mommies secretly like the look of circumcised penises
  7. You’re a pervert for thinking about a boy’s penis so much – for Christ’s sake, just let the good doctor do his job
  8. It is uncomfortable and rude to say “no” to a doctor
  9. The ancient Greeks practiced circumcision, and everyone knows they had the greatest respect for little boys
  10. What, you think that a needy, sniveling, whining, ungrateful, hours-old brat has any right to experience bliss on his first day on earth?
  11. Ritual religious circumcisions are a great chance to bring family together for a grand celebration – and you’re a killjoy for thinking otherwise
  12. Circumcised men are less likely to spread the AIDS virus; but in all fairness, men whose entire penises are removed are even less likely to spread HIV
  13. Traumatized boys are easier to manage; they know who’s boss from the get-go
  14. Don’t stress, everyone knows that circumcised foreskins grow back in time
  15. I can give you a list of a hundred circumcised men who make six-figure incomes, which proves that circumcision is financially beneficial
  16. Adult human penises wreak a lot of damage on this earth, so causing an infant’s penis a little pain is a justified form of preemptive revenge
  17. The Dalai Lama said that we all choose the families into which we are born in order to work through the wrongs of our past lives, therefore baby boys born into pro-circumcision families are responsible for having chosen this karma for themselves
  18. You give your baby boy something he can obsess about in therapy later in his life
  19. Baby boys love having knife-wielding strangers fondle their genitals
  20. Since girls have to get their ears pierced it’s only fair that boys should get the tips of their penises cut off
  21. Botched circumcisions add variety and spice to life
  22. Uncircumcised penises get very dirty, which requires a lot of extra work for busy moms – which is why I’m all for clipping off babies’ ears and nostrils as well
  23. Nip the problem in the bud: there’s less cutting involved in circumcising a tiny baby boy than there is in circumcising an adult man
  24. Doing unto your sons what your parents did unto you helps maintain continuity between the generations
  25. The ideal would be to circumcise baby boys in the womb – before they’re even alive!
  26. Mere mortal, what right have you to question ancient religious texts that were handed down by God Himself
  27. Genitals are evil; the less of them the better
  28. Michelangelo’s David was circumcised, and he is the greatest work of art ever [1/31/2007: A credible (anonymous) reader who recently traveled to Florence emailed me that “David” is in fact uncircumcised. Therefore, I hereby apologize for having stated that David was “the greatest work of art ever,” as clearly he is not. I am deeply sorry for any harm or trauma I may have unknowingly caused readers. -Daniel Mackler, LCSW-R]
  29. Scientific PROOF: Some (flawed) studies show there to be a slight decrease in urinary tract infections among circumcised male babies (P.S. Be sure to read the commentary at the end of the study!)
  30. Since doctors vow to “do no harm,” circumcision cannot possibly be harmful
  31. It’s not like mutilation of a baby’s genitals is sexual abuse!
  32. He’ll forget it all anyway
  33. It takes a lot of hard work and practice to become a good circumciser, and you want to put a hard-working professional out of business?
  34. This discussion is irrelevant, because everyone knows that babies don’t feel pain
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:25 AM

BUMP!

Bethsunshine
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM
12 moms liked this

I'd like to add another reason. It gives bored women on Cafemom something to talk about!! I seriously have to wonder if the "intactivists" feel compelled to interrogate random strangers on the condition of their penises or if they just save their obsession for Cafemom.

echoishername
by Misty on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM
15 moms liked this
I really hope this was copied and pasted.... otherwise you're a whack job for sitting around thinking of 34 ways to be a condescending bitch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UnIdentiFiedOne
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echoishername
by Misty on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:31 AM
7 moms liked this
Oh, and I've yet to meet one man who obsessed about his circumcision. In fact, the only intact guy I've ever dealt with hated it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Wow.. someones got their thinking cap on this morning!
hopeym23
by J3 on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

My DH and DS are cut.  If this new baby is a boy he will be too.  My DS didn't make a peep and barely bled or anything.  My DH does not remember getting it done, obviously.  Why don't you worry about what is going on in your own kids pants and let me worry about mine!?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

UnIdentiFiedOne
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM
5 moms liked this
Lol...look at everyone getting all defensive. Like we don't hear about how uncut men are "dirty" or "gross" or "weird looking" all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandylin3
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:36 AM
3 moms liked this

This discussion IS irrelevant because like it or not, it is ultimately the parent's decision, not yours.  There really is too much discussion on here about circumcision.  Never in my life have I seen or heard it talked about so much.  What is the obsession????

echoishername
by Misty on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:38 AM
5 moms liked this
The odd thing is, its a woman driven obsession ... I've never heard of men debating this.

Quoting mandylin3:

This discussion IS irrelevant because like it or not, it is ultimately the parent's decision, not yours.  There really is too much discussion on here about circumcision.  Never in my life have I seen or heard it talked about so much.  What is the obsession????

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)