Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For pro-choice ladies

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
i have a question..how do you not consider abortion murder?. all of my pregnancies i was constantly reading week by week growth on my babies so we know the heart starts beating between 4 and 5 weeks. at 7 weeks there are arm and leg buds. my 8 week u/s you can see baby moving, flipping.. swimming..so do you just tell yourself its a ball of tissue?..technology has proven that the ball of tissue stage ends around 6 weeks.. does that not matter? as long as its inside mom she can terminate up to 40 weeks? does it bother you that its been proven that these babies actually feel pain during termination. one has been recorded trying to swim away fr om vacuum..not trying to change anyones mind..know that wont happen. just curious on your thoughts. and when does a baby become a baby?..also if you were attacked at 4 months and your baby died..would you expect your attacker to be charged with murder?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Of course I do not think it's murder...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM
3 moms liked this

The ideal situation would definitely be creating a society where abortion wasn't needed.  Until that happens, though, I don't believe the government should interfere.  I don't like abortion, but I understand that it's not a black and white issue.

Quoting NonaScheib38:

Ok, I'm on board w this. As a super feminist, I can't STAND the idea of a government or anybody telling me that I can't do something w my body. That I could possibly live in a world where we are mocked and jeered for being on birth control, or denied affordable birth control, where we can be raped and impregnated against our will and then told we have to keep the infant- is just disgusting to me. So I WANT to be pro choice.

Yet, I do feel the baby is a baby too soon to abort it in good conscience. I don't agree w abortion, so I'm torn so hard on this issue! I really wish that we could get the government, or anyone, to fight for our rights BEFORE we got pregnant- a right to birth control, a right to live in safety, and a right to complete and honest sex education in schools.

Quoting RissyLee:

I'm pro-choice because I don't believe the government should regulate what a woman does with her uterus.  Whether or not I agree with abortion doesn't change the fact that I don't feel it's the government's place to tell me I have to (or even can't have) a child.

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM
What about later term abortions?

Quoting Fifi834:

Actually, abortions cannot legally be performed after 20 weeks. I don't think they have developed enough to swim away from the vacuum, at this point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

FFS. After reading your first line I know debating with you is a lost cause.

..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM
3 moms liked this
A pussy answer. My goodness you're angry. Incidentally...you don't think hiding behind anon is not a pussy move? LOL

Having control over your reproductive health INCLUDES the choice whether or not to continue a pregnancy. Sometimes abortion IS the best option for a person.

And that's all I'll really say unless you're willing to stop acting like an asshole and have a debate like an adult.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Well, um...because murderer is illegal. Abortion is not.

How do you not think a woman should have the right to choose? It's called an opinion.

thats a pussy ass answer and you know it. i believe women should have control over their reproductive health..ie birth control but its never ok to hurt or terminate an other human life. i answered ur question, if u dont want to answe mine then move on but dont hide behind a generic answer. its against the law for gays to marry..not all laws are right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Ultrasound every week? Damn, you must have some fanfuckingtastic insurance!
mommasbabies77
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Murder is illegal..that's why. I am prochoice simply bc it's not my choice, life, or circumstances. I fully support a woman's right to choose what she feels is right. I also fully support her right to deal with any consequences good or bad. That doesn't mean I don't consider conception life nor does it mean I don't consider abortion ending one. It's not murder bc it's legal. I did abort once..not by choice. I highly doubt I'd do it ever again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM
6 moms liked this

karla85
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM
I'm pro choice. I don't get to decide what you need to do with your body, that's YOUR choice and that is what I support. If I was attacked and my baby died, I want that mother effer in jail, don't really care about the charges because that's not going to bring the baby back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Do you believe beating a dead horse is murder? It used to be alive. But you all beat it beyond death!

Rip wilber!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)