Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All because my a** is bleeding?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I just googled what problems could be going on with the fact that I've been having blood everytime I make a bowel movement since the day I gave birth. My DS is now 5 months old. I just figured this was normal, but apparently it can be a disease or require surgery. I do not have any hemmeroids, so this kind of concerns me.........
Please tell me honestly, AM I THE ONLY ONE???

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweets27
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM
I would be concerned too. Make an appointment with your Dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

It is usually a internal bleed somewhere. I would make a dr. appt!

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Get it checked out. Is it bright red or dark?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmandaMaeBell
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be concerned, and not to weird you out, but I gotta ask, is it red blood, or is it black?  The reason I ask is, if it's red, usually it hasn't passed thru ur bowels, which means it coming from somewhere closer to ur anus, like a hemorrhoid, or a laceration.  If it's black, then it could be coming from ur stomach, or ur upper intestine.  When blood passes thru your intestines, it turns black.  If I were you, I would be making a dr appointment.  Good luck Momma!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

It's bright red. I have a lot of pain when I make a BM, sometimes to the point where afterwards I can't walk around for a while. It's been like this since I gave birth.. I'm wondering if i'm just ripping or something, but i've never had this problem before so i don't understand why it's like this now.
I'll talk to my Doctor about it when I see her on the 3rd. I thought I'd see if anyone else went through this postpartum.

Thanks for the concern mommas and not scaring me shitless!! lol

Quoting AmandaMaeBell:

I would be concerned, and not to weird you out, but I gotta ask, is it red blood, or is it black?  The reason I ask is, if it's red, usually it hasn't passed thru ur bowels, which means it coming from somewhere closer to ur anus, like a hemorrhoid, or a laceration.  If it's black, then it could be coming from ur stomach, or ur upper intestine.  When blood passes thru your intestines, it turns black.  If I were you, I would be making a dr appointment.  Good luck Momma!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM
could be an anal fissure that needs surgery to correct.
jamtags
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

better make an appointment with a doctor...this is NOT normal, and should not be treated lightly

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I had those. It's internal hemorrhoids man...no surgery required. Get yourself some of those Prep H insert-ables. lol. It sucked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I had the issue of blood w/ bowel movements for a long time. I was too embarassed to get it checked, or to do anything about it. After I got pregnant, and had constipation more frequently, the issue got worse. It was hemmerhoids, and always has been, they just weren't external until I had a baby pushing them out. So just because you can't see it doesn't always mean it isn't hemmerhoids. That being said, best way to find out, is to talk to your doctor. Good luck!

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

There like pills you stick up your butt. Seriously. I had them alot during and after pregnancy. I carried and gave birth vaginally to big babies(10.5 and 8.8 lbs).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)