Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I help my husband cheat...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
On his homework.
Yes, I know, you all opened this post looking for something juicy, sorry to disappoint. : )
Seriously, though... My DH is in college, he went back after eight years. He is in for computer sciences, but has to take the gen ed english, math, etc. as well, of course. Problem is, he is and always has been a horrific speller, can barely write a coherent paper, and has a lot of trouble coming up with subjects to write about. So, me being an english pro, I've been 'helping' him write his english papers. A lot. Too much, probably... But the way I see it, he's going for computer science, not an english degree. He just HAS to pass these classes for his degree, and honestly if I left him to his own devices he'd be failing miserably, thus endangering our family's financial future. He is learning as I 'help' (I basically wrote his first several papers as he looked on), and he's getting better at writing now.
So, yup, that's my juicy confession...
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
chickita2009
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I would do the same
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizard_Lina
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM
More power to you. I would probably do the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I'm took DH's history class.  Completely!  We applied and got tuition assistance, and DH got deployed!  When we tried to move it to another class, they said they'd have to count it as failed or incomplete, or we'd have to pay back the TA.  Plus, it started the "ticker" on his GI Bill, and that wouldn't turn off even if he had to stop classes!  The whole process was too complicated so I said "Screw it" and am doing it for him.  He still took one of his classes while deployed b/c the teacher agreed to work with his crazy schedule.

Sometimes, I swear those colleges make it impossible to work with them!  It's so much of a money bleed!  I totally support Tech Schools where you only have to take classes related to your desired occupation!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)