Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Infant piercing should be outlawed

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
  • 159 Replies
What's your stance? How young is too young? Or did your infant get pierced early on? I want my dd to have pierced ears but I want her to choose to have them done when she wants them and can take care of them. I don't care one way or another though how other people do it. But I read this woman's comment saying infant piercing should be outlawed. What are your thoughts?

EDIT***
This is in referance to boys as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd got hers at 4 when she asked for them. I don't care what other parents do, not my kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessecutez
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM

my dd1 was 6 months when i got hers done, we had no problems. she is 2.5 now and loves her earings. she picks a new pair everyday to match her outfit. shes such a girly girl

dd2  9 months(receintly)

Uhura
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Should it be outlawed? no.

But I don't like the idea of changing a child's body before they're old enough to really understand what's going on. When they're old enough to take care of their ears and make their own decision, then I have no problem with it.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Wintersdawn
Mine was almost 5 months and they stay open no matter how long i leave em out so im glad i did it. My mom had mine at a year and they are the same. I think dd is adorable. She can choose later if she wants more just like i did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkylu78
I am the same way. I won't do it, I will let her choose to put holes in her body when she gets older. It should be her choice. I don't think it should be outlawed & I think it is cute on little girls but I just wouldnt do it.
iluv2meow
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Mine got hers pierced at age five right before she turned six. I think my issue is parents that are too lazy or irresponsible to care for the piercing. I clean my daughter's ears regularly and change her earrings. Im very anal about it too. We have nickle allergies in the family.

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Infant ear piercing is not for me, but I know it is culturally significant for some, therefore it should NOT be outlawed IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boo1985
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I have boys. However, my mother had mine pierced at 3 months. No biggie in my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gapeach0513
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I waited until DD was old enough to ask for them.  She was around 7 or so, I think, but I couldn't care less what other people choose to do with their DD's ears. 

pochaccotx
by Lost on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I am waiting till she is old enough to take care of them.. My ex's family kept trying to pressure me into that and getting her christened.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)