Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pay Your Bills People!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM
  • 46 Replies
2 moms liked this

So I have lived at my current house for almost 2 years now. Every month I get debt collectors looking for someone new. How many could have possibly lived here before me or had the same phone number and gone into collections? I am on person #17!! Even after insisting I do not know who they are, they act like I am hiding these debtors in the closet. Then once one agency calls, four more call for that individual.

If you're not going to pay your bills, at least update your info to the lender or company and tell them where your ass lives. It gets so annoying have to tell these people I don't know where John Smith is, I have never met him. Ahhhh! I am debt free and feel like I am being hassled for money that I don't even owe these people.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lizard_Lina
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:25 PM
4 moms liked this
Because if they did that, the debtors would call them, and that's too irritating so its just easier to have them mess with you instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Josie_P
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM

That sucks!!

nazgor
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I keep getting calls for Maria Lopez. umm, I've lived here for 2 years and the people before me were here for 5. so Maria hasn't been here for at least 7.

when I answer they think I am lying to them insisting I am Maria. ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twrwifey

That's what happened when we first moved here, I finally called our phone company and had our number changed, haven't had a problem since!

Lizz2011

I once had a cop come to my 1st apartment looking for someone to issue a warrant to. It kind of freaked me out lol.

opal10161973
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I get mail from the IRS for a previous tenant still.  I have lived here for more than two years.

.shank.
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't get why they're calling your number?

Its not like the number stays with the residence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamaknowsbest26
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM

LOL. A week after we moved in here there was a knock on the door at like 11pm. I thought who in the hell is this?! It was a police officer, so I opened the door. He had an arrest warrant for some lady. I kept saying I didn't know her, he looked at me and asked over and over. I then offered him to come inside and do a sweep if he wanted. He then assumed I was telling the truth and left.

Quoting Lizz2011:

I once had a cop come to my 1st apartment looking for someone to issue a warrant to. It kind of freaked me out lol.

Mamaknowsbest26
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

No it doesn't but when we moved our home number couldn't be switched so we had to get a new number. Perhaps this phone number once belonged to these people, or they see a new number attached to this address and simply think they switched numbers. One guy told me that a Jose Gonzalez listed me as his contact! I laughed so hard.

Quoting .shank.:

I don't get why they're calling your number?

Its not like the number stays with the residence.

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM

hehehehehe

they cant find me meow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)