Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

varicose veins

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

if you have them, have you had treatment done? if so what and how was recovery?

yes this is my 2nd surgery question tonight, lol! summer is approaching and i will be off work and need to get somethings taken care of!

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
iluv2meow

My body is aging, i take it with grace. I do not plan to die with a perfect body.

lovebeingmrs
I have a couple, the only treatment I know of is to stay off your feet or see a plastic surgeon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROBIN-C
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

its not a vanity thing, lol! i am a tomboy!

it actually hurts adn has for a long time, i have just been too scared to get it taken care of.

m3lissa_16
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM

My mom had painful varicose veins since her first pregnancy. They got increasingly worse with every pregnancy. She had surgery 5 years ago, after trying an endless number of treatments. Surgery was the only thing that has given her long lasting relief from the pain. And her legs look great now!

She tried herbal remedies, pills, shots in the legs.. She had varicose veins all the way up to her panty line. Everything else she tried was painful and the relief from pain was usually short-lived.

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

ROBIN-C
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:59 PM

thanks for the info!

ROBIN-C
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 5:01 PM

which surgery did she have? strip the vein? lazer?

Quoting m3lissa_16:

My mom had painful varicose veins since her first pregnancy. They got increasingly worse with every pregnancy. She had surgery 5 years ago, after trying an endless number of treatments. Surgery was the only thing that has given her long lasting relief from the pain. And her legs look great now!

She tried herbal remedies, pills, shots in the legs.. She had varicose veins all the way up to her panty line. Everything else she tried was painful and the relief from pain was usually short-lived.

m3lissa_16
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:58 PM

They sliced her legs open (about 160 slits, total), and stripped the veins.

Quoting ROBIN-C:

which surgery did she have? strip the vein? lazer?

Quoting m3lissa_16:

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)