Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

that b**** stole my man! (the title is NOT what this is about btw)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Alright ladies, as many of you know teen mothers don't always get the credit they deserve. Some put forth the image that all of us pawn our children off just to continue living the "party life", which isn't always the truth. Teen mothers have many different reputations, which all are quick to make their assumptions at first glance, including: bottle propping, living on welfare, depending on mom and dad, and many others, Well, that's why I am here to tell you MY story. I was just like every other teenage out there, crazy and rebellious. I was great in school and just coming up on my second semester of my junior year when I found out that I was pregnant, at just 17 years old! I was beyond terrified and knew I had a whole world of hardship ahead of me. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I made my first priority SCHOOL, which most believe is the first thing a teen mom fails at. I had set up with my principle and counselor to switch to an alternative school and finish a year and a half worth of school in only 5 months. This put me to the test quick, but I managed to finish my school work in only 4 short months and further went on to graduate with the senior class of the year. Soon after graduation I had a plan, I would begin work as a CNA in a nursing home and begin my life with the father of my child. -Now, I bet you were all wondering when I would bring up this topic, many would assume at 17 I would have been doing this all by myself, another assumption made about most teen parents. Well, in my case I was lucky enough to have picked a boyfriend who would stick by me through anything that would come our way, and to this day we are still together and happy! - Back to the story at hand, not but 4 short months after beginning our life together our beautiful little girl was born! I had never been so proud in my life, I had never been so scared either. We carried on our life now as 3 instead of 2, I begin my life as a stay at home mother. Caring for my daughter, myself, and the basic duties of any other mother! Now, I know you're all assuming that I chose the SAHM "career" because I didnt want to work, but thats not how it works. After much debating and considering our options we had chosen this path because it was our best option. What way can we have a happy healthy baby other than teaching her one on one day by day. Now, currently we have an 8 month old daughter that is HAPPIER than can be. I'm sure most of you think I'm just ranting and raving about absolutely nothing but the truth is, as a teen mother I live the same life as most mothers that had planned their children and were ready to raise a child. The only difference I have between those mothers is the fact that I am much or even little younger. Age does not depict whether you're fully capable of being a great parent, maturity does.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you! I encourage you to keep going in your education,but mostly I encourage you to keep holding your head up. I am also a teen mother,I had my 1st DD at 14,that was 38 years ago. I also finished high school & college . I am now the proud mother of 5 daughters,and the awesome grandmom to 6. There's a lot of negative things said about teen mothers,but I hardly hear how hard we work at being good moms,so we won't be talked about. I remember,I used to change my 1st DD clothes 3-4 times a day to make sure she was spotless. I did things for my baby that was over the top,because I always thought somebody was talking about me. Just do your best,and be the best mom you can be,and forget about foolish talking people.
justgracie
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Credit for what?

To recap, your kid isn't a year old.  Your husband works at Subway (and don't give me the part owner crap I know what the franchise fees and equity requirements for Subway are).  You want "credit" for being a success story and you want another baby.

Little sister, you are an unemployed teen aged momma with a CNA living off a fast food income.  In about 5 years you'll be completely embarrassed that you wrote this post.  But for now, you'll just have to trust me when I say this is not impressive.  

You want credit?  Do a really good job raising your kids and maybe they'll give you some.  Keep that marriage together for a couple of decades.  Meanwhile no, being a teen parent is not a good thing.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Excuse me, a better word should've been "credit"

Quoting justgracie:

What on earth makes you think you "deserve" appreciation and from whom do you imagine these accolades should come?

MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM

career*

ManicEJ
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Well ya obviously wanted something more since you constantly toot your own horn and think you are something special because, according to you you"re a better teen mother than the others.  Newsflash! You are still a teen mom.  I'm not impressed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Believe what you wish honey, I'm not worried about what you or any other person has to say about me. It was simply a blog that I wrote and I wanted to share it.

Quoting ManicEJ:

She's immature and wants attention.  That's what it all comes down to.  She likes to brag about how she got knocked up at 17 and that despite the fact she was an ignoramus and screwed up, she wants everyone to believe that she's more successful than a majority of 30 some odd year-old's and her 22 year old baby daddy owns his own business.  It's just a ploy.

Quoting 3JuJu3:

What does "That bitch has stolen my man"  have to do with this? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:27 PM
3 moms liked this
There's a lot I would like to say but I'm going to be a little more mature and not stoop to your level but I will say you shouldn't tell others to grow up until you decide to do it yourself.

Quoting ManicEJ:

Amen!  I am sick and tired of teen mother's demanding and feeling entitled to admiration and people looking up to them like they are some kind of hero.  The fact is, as a teen mother you choose to not use birth control or were irresponsible with it.  You got knocked up.  What makes you deserve special consideration and apreciation more so than a 20-30 something year old mother who is married and graduated from high school.  When you choose to have a child, you have to put your big gal chonies on and do your job as a mama by raising that child.  What do you teen mama's want from the rest of us older mama's?  A pat on the back an friggin cookie.  I am sorry but when you becme a mother you jpoined our ranks and we have empathy for you but no sympathy.  Get over it and be a dang Mother!  Grow up!

Quoting justgracie:

Yay.  You had a baby and are taking care of it.  Spoiler alert:  That's what you are supposed to do.  In the first line of your post you said-

Quote:

Alright ladies, as many of you know teen mothers don't always get the appreciation they deserve.

gum.drop
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Fuck.... I read the whole thing waiting for the interesting part!! Fuuuuck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ManicEJ
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Darlin, I frankly don't give a d*mn.  I was married and graduated from college when I finally gave birth.  I was also 23-years-old.  I 've been on my own since I was 16 so I've pretty much been grown up since before you was in middle school playin with Barbie dolls. There ain't nuthin you can say to make me feel as if I am on a lower level than you.  Get off that high horse of your's there and say what ya need to say if you wanna say it.  Heck!  you can even message me in private. 

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a lot I would like to say but I'm going to be a little more mature and not stoop to your level but I will say you shouldn't tell others to grow up until you decide to do it yourself.

Quoting ManicEJ:

Amen!  I am sick and tired of teen mother's demanding and feeling entitled to admiration and people looking up to them like they are some kind of hero.  The fact is, as a teen mother you choose to not use birth control or were irresponsible with it.  You got knocked up.  What makes you deserve special consideration and apreciation more so than a 20-30 something year old mother who is married and graduated from high school.  When you choose to have a child, you have to put your big gal chonies on and do your job as a mama by raising that child.  What do you teen mama's want from the rest of us older mama's?  A pat on the back an friggin cookie.  I am sorry but when you becme a mother you jpoined our ranks and we have empathy for you but no sympathy.  Get over it and be a dang Mother!  Grow up!

Quoting justgracie:

Yay.  You had a baby and are taking care of it.  Spoiler alert:  That's what you are supposed to do.  In the first line of your post you said-

Quote:

Alright ladies, as many of you know teen mothers don't always get the appreciation they deserve.

HisSwissMiss
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! Some of these moms are just so damn bitchy! I think you hit a sore spot on their egos or something. I guess they feel like a failure compared to you or something idk I just can't believe that they're all telling YOU to grow up lmao! Good luck and you sound like everything is being handled well. way to go

LovelyLauren55
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Good for you, keep it up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:38 PM
No honey when I was "supposed" to be playing Barbies I was a little too busy with my fucked up childhood. Don't act like you know someone better than they know themselves.

Quoting ManicEJ:

Darlin,
I frankly don't give a d*mn.  I was married and graduated from college
when I finally gave birth.  I was also 23-years-old.  I 've been on my own since I was 16 so I've pretty much been grown up since before you was in middle school playin with Barbie dolls. There ain't nuthin you can say to make me
feel as if I am on a lower level than you.  Get off that high horse of your's there and say what ya need to say if you wanna say it.  Heck!  you can even message me in private. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ManicEJ:

Quoting justgracie:

Quote:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)