Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

that b**** stole my man! (the title is NOT what this is about btw)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 122 Replies
4 moms liked this

Alright ladies, as many of you know teen mothers don't always get the credit they deserve. Some put forth the image that all of us pawn our children off just to continue living the "party life", which isn't always the truth. Teen mothers have many different reputations, which all are quick to make their assumptions at first glance, including: bottle propping, living on welfare, depending on mom and dad, and many others, Well, that's why I am here to tell you MY story. I was just like every other teenage out there, crazy and rebellious. I was great in school and just coming up on my second semester of my junior year when I found out that I was pregnant, at just 17 years old! I was beyond terrified and knew I had a whole world of hardship ahead of me. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I made my first priority SCHOOL, which most believe is the first thing a teen mom fails at. I had set up with my principle and counselor to switch to an alternative school and finish a year and a half worth of school in only 5 months. This put me to the test quick, but I managed to finish my school work in only 4 short months and further went on to graduate with the senior class of the year. Soon after graduation I had a plan, I would begin work as a CNA in a nursing home and begin my life with the father of my child. -Now, I bet you were all wondering when I would bring up this topic, many would assume at 17 I would have been doing this all by myself, another assumption made about most teen parents. Well, in my case I was lucky enough to have picked a boyfriend who would stick by me through anything that would come our way, and to this day we are still together and happy! - Back to the story at hand, not but 4 short months after beginning our life together our beautiful little girl was born! I had never been so proud in my life, I had never been so scared either. We carried on our life now as 3 instead of 2, I begin my life as a stay at home mother. Caring for my daughter, myself, and the basic duties of any other mother! Now, I know you're all assuming that I chose the SAHM "career" because I didnt want to work, but thats not how it works. After much debating and considering our options we had chosen this path because it was our best option. What way can we have a happy healthy baby other than teaching her one on one day by day. Now, currently we have an 8 month old daughter that is HAPPIER than can be. I'm sure most of you think I'm just ranting and raving about absolutely nothing but the truth is, as a teen mother I live the same life as most mothers that had planned their children and were ready to raise a child. The only difference I have between those mothers is the fact that I am much or even little younger. Age does not depict whether you're fully capable of being a great parent, maturity does.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DollFace-23
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:48 AM

BUMP!

Brooke-Nicole
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Good luck to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

No input?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:51 AM

thanks.

Quoting Brooke-Nicole:

Good luck to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:52 AM
5 moms liked this

Josie.Grossie
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:53 AM
What does your boyfriend do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessie_plus3
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:53 AM
amen!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessie_plus3
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:54 AM
2 moms liked this
*eye roll*

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:54 AM

He is a co-owner of a small business

Quoting Josie.Grossie:

What does your boyfriend do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured