Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

that b**** stole my man! (the title is NOT what this is about btw)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Alright ladies, as many of you know teen mothers don't always get the credit they deserve. Some put forth the image that all of us pawn our children off just to continue living the "party life", which isn't always the truth. Teen mothers have many different reputations, which all are quick to make their assumptions at first glance, including: bottle propping, living on welfare, depending on mom and dad, and many others, Well, that's why I am here to tell you MY story. I was just like every other teenage out there, crazy and rebellious. I was great in school and just coming up on my second semester of my junior year when I found out that I was pregnant, at just 17 years old! I was beyond terrified and knew I had a whole world of hardship ahead of me. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I made my first priority SCHOOL, which most believe is the first thing a teen mom fails at. I had set up with my principle and counselor to switch to an alternative school and finish a year and a half worth of school in only 5 months. This put me to the test quick, but I managed to finish my school work in only 4 short months and further went on to graduate with the senior class of the year. Soon after graduation I had a plan, I would begin work as a CNA in a nursing home and begin my life with the father of my child. -Now, I bet you were all wondering when I would bring up this topic, many would assume at 17 I would have been doing this all by myself, another assumption made about most teen parents. Well, in my case I was lucky enough to have picked a boyfriend who would stick by me through anything that would come our way, and to this day we are still together and happy! - Back to the story at hand, not but 4 short months after beginning our life together our beautiful little girl was born! I had never been so proud in my life, I had never been so scared either. We carried on our life now as 3 instead of 2, I begin my life as a stay at home mother. Caring for my daughter, myself, and the basic duties of any other mother! Now, I know you're all assuming that I chose the SAHM "career" because I didnt want to work, but thats not how it works. After much debating and considering our options we had chosen this path because it was our best option. What way can we have a happy healthy baby other than teaching her one on one day by day. Now, currently we have an 8 month old daughter that is HAPPIER than can be. I'm sure most of you think I'm just ranting and raving about absolutely nothing but the truth is, as a teen mother I live the same life as most mothers that had planned their children and were ready to raise a child. The only difference I have between those mothers is the fact that I am much or even little younger. Age does not depict whether you're fully capable of being a great parent, maturity does.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Replies (81-90):
ManicEJ
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome hun.  Yeh.  When I was in the crap situation I was i promised myself that I'd never bring a kid into that till I got my life stable.  Good for you gal!  :-)

Quoting justgracie:

I also left home at 16.  It was the only way I could be safe.  I couch surfed for two years.  Then I got myself cleaned up, went to college, met and married hubby (and THEN had sex), and had my first kid at 23.

Quoting ManicEJ:

Well there's sumthin we've got in common.  F-ed up childhoods. Yeh, I was in the system, Well I guess one of us become a producd of out enviornment though and it wasn't me gal. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:56 PM
3 moms liked this
So did being in the system cause you not to know spell check?

Quoting ManicEJ:

Well there's sumthin we've got in common.  F-ed up childhoods. Yeh, I was in the system, Well I guess one of us become a producd of out enviornment though and it wasn't me gal. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justgracie
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Oh my goodness I didn't realize that you have expensive gadgets.  Had I known the measurements of your television I would never have doubted your prowess as a mother.  There has never been anyone who owned a big TV and didn't have life all figured out.  How embarrassing for me.

Ahem.

A response like yours is not impressive.  It shows how very not mature you are.  Seriously, in some years you'll look back on this and wince.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it gives us the room to afford smart phones, a 55 in tv and anything else we desire while having extra money, not needing pa and being able to depend on ourselves. Keep talking because I'm amused

Quoting justgracie:

Yes, clearly we're just jealous because the OP can get free extra toppings on her sandwiches.

Quoting HisSwissMiss:

OP, you should just ignore this girl and yes I said girl. 

Quoting ManicEJ:

Darlin,
I frankly don't give a d*mn.  I was married and graduated from college
when I finally gave birth.  I was also 23-years-old.  I 've been on my own since I was 16 so I've pretty much been grown up since before you was in middle school playin with Barbie dolls. There ain't nuthin you can say to make me
feel as if I am on a lower level than you.  Get off that high horse of your's there and say what ya need to say if you wanna say it.  Heck!  you can even message me in private. 

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a lot I would like to say but I'm going to be a little more mature and not stoop to your level but I will say you shouldn't tell others to grow up until you decide to do it yourself.

Quoting ManicEJ:

Amen!  I am sick and tired of teen mother's demanding and feeling entitled to admiration and people looking up to them like they are some kind of hero.  The fact is, as a teen mother you choose to not use birth control or were irresponsible with it.  You got knocked up.  What makes you deserve special consideration and apreciation more so than a 20-30 something year old mother who is married and graduated from high school.  When you choose to have a child, you have to put your big gal chonies on and do your job as a mama by raising that child.  What do you teen mama's want from the rest of us older mama's?  A pat on the back an friggin cookie.  I am sorry but when you becme a mother you jpoined our ranks and we have empathy for you but no sympathy.  Get over it and be a dang Mother!  Grow up!

Quoting justgracie:

Yay.  You had a baby and are taking care of it.  Spoiler alert:  That's what you are supposed to do.  In the first line of your post you said-

Quote:

Alright ladies, as many of you know teen mothers don't always get the appreciation they deserve.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Can't wait! :)

Quoting justgracie:

Oh my goodness I didn't realize that you have expensive gadgets.  Had I known the measurements of your television I would never have doubted your prowess as a mother.  There has never been anyone who owned a big TV and didn't have life all figured out.  How embarrassing for me.

Ahem.

A response like yours is not impressive.  It shows how very not mature you are.  Seriously, in some years you'll look back on this and wince.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it gives us the room to afford smart phones, a 55 in tv and anything else we desire while having extra money, not needing pa and being able to depend on ourselves. Keep talking because I'm amused

Quoting justgracie:

Yes, clearly we're just jealous because the OP can get free extra toppings on her sandwiches.

Quoting HisSwissMiss:

Quoting ManicEJ:

Darlin,

I frankly don't give a d*mn.  I was married and graduated from college

when I finally gave birth.  I was also 23-years-old.  I 've been on my own since I was 16 so I've pretty much been grown up since before you was in middle school playin with Barbie dolls. There ain't nuthin you can say to make me

feel as if I am on a lower level than you.  Get off that high horse of your's there and say what ya need to say if you wanna say it.  Heck!  you can even message me in private. 

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a lot I would like to say but I'm going to be a little more mature and not stoop to your level but I will say you shouldn't tell others to grow up until you decide to do it yourself.

Quoting ManicEJ:

Amen!  I am sick and tired of teen mother's demanding and feeling entitled to admiration and people looking up to them like they are some kind of hero.  The fact is, as a teen mother you choose to not use birth control or were irresponsible with it.  You got knocked up.  What makes you deserve special consideration and apreciation more so than a 20-30 something year old mother who is married and graduated from high school.  When you choose to have a child, you have to put your big gal chonies on and do your job as a mama by raising that child.  What do you teen mama's want from the rest of us older mama's?  A pat on the back an friggin cookie.  I am sorry but when you becme a mother you jpoined our ranks and we have empathy for you but no sympathy.  Get over it and be a dang Mother!  Grow up!

Quoting justgracie:

Yay.  You had a baby and are taking care of it.  Spoiler alert:  That's what you are supposed to do.  In the first line of your post you said-

Quote:

Alright ladies, as many of you know teen mothers don't always get the appreciation they deserve.

jshalas89
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Your title sucks. The only advice I can give you is DO NOT GET MARRIED!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Why?

Quoting jshalas89:

Your title sucks. The only advice I can give you is DO NOT GET MARRIED!

ManicEJ
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Shoot gal!  Who'a bein immature here?  The OP made thedang title of the post something "eye cathcing" to get attention, and thenbraggeed about how she was a teen mom and how she deserves a pat on the back for it.  Why would the rest of us be jelous of a person who has somethin to prove by postin her crud on CM just to stir up drama.  Think whatcha want though dear.

Quoting HisSwissMiss:

Maybe, but how would I know lol. You all are pretty immature though so you might be jealous of her for some strange teenage mindset reason. OP, I would really just stop replying to everyone at this point at forget about this post. Women, mostly mothers, have such a hard time being nice to one another and can't seem to understand that hey shit happens, just because you all didn't get pregnant as a teen doesn't make you any better than someone who does. Sorry, it just doesn't. Oh, and just so everyone knows I'm not biased, I was not a teen mom. 

Quoting justgracie:

Quoting HisSwissMiss:

Quoting ManicEJ:

Darlin, I frankly don't give a d*mn.  I was married and graduated from college when I finally gave birth.  I was also 23-years-old.  I 've been on my own since I was 16 so I've pretty much been grown up since before you was in middle school playin with Barbie dolls. There ain't nuthin you can say to make me feel as if I am on a lower level than you.  Get off that high horse of your's there and say what ya need to say if you wanna say it.  Heck!  you can even message me in private. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ManicEJ:

Quoting justgracie:

Quote:

aquarianmom69
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I did the same to a point only I was basically on my own. It can be done and not all of us are 'partiers'.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSwissMiss
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:07 PM

You're the immature ones because of how you're treating her. It's fine to disagree with how someone thinks and whatnot but it's not ok to gang up and bully someone. That's where you're immature. 

Quoting ManicEJ:

Shoot gal!  Who'a bein immature here?  The OP made thedang title of the post something "eye cathcing" to get attention, and thenbraggeed about how she was a teen mom and how she deserves a pat on the back for it.  Why would the rest of us be jelous of a person who has somethin to prove by postin her crud on CM just to stir up drama.  Think whatcha want though dear.

Quoting HisSwissMiss:

Maybe, but how would I know lol. You all are pretty immature though so you might be jealous of her for some strange teenage mindset reason. OP, I would really just stop replying to everyone at this point at forget about this post. Women, mostly mothers, have such a hard time being nice to one another and can't seem to understand that hey shit happens, just because you all didn't get pregnant as a teen doesn't make you any better than someone who does. Sorry, it just doesn't. Oh, and just so everyone knows I'm not biased, I was not a teen mom. 

Quoting justgracie:

Quoting HisSwissMiss:

Quoting ManicEJ:

Darlin, I frankly don't give a d*mn.  I was married and graduated from college when I finally gave birth.  I was also 23-years-old.  I 've been on my own since I was 16 so I've pretty much been grown up since before you was in middle school playin with Barbie dolls. There ain't nuthin you can say to make me feel as if I am on a lower level than you.  Get off that high horse of your's there and say what ya need to say if you wanna say it.  Heck!  you can even message me in private. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ManicEJ:

Quoting justgracie:

Quote:

ManicEJ
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:08 PM

It's a gal dang forum.  Pretty petty an graspin at straws to have to ppoint out I write exatly the way I talk.  Yup.  I sound like  a hick.  I aint got no shame.  Least I was married when I got pregant.

Quoting Anonymous:

So did being in the system cause you not to know spell check?

Quoting ManicEJ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured