Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Guess how much we owe?? Why can't the poor deduct from their tax return??????

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm so frustrated.  We are purely middle class.  In fact, if you compare us to a lot of our neighbors and friends we are poor.  Our CPA just got our taxes back to us and we OWE $6000.  I'm a little bitter about this when I read about every one's return on here.  I read all the time on this site about moms who get free health care.  Why can't you deduct your free health care from your tax return?  We pay $600 a month for our family of 4 out of pocket yet we still owe.  Why not deduct your food stamps from your return?  We pay approximately $900 a month on food alone.  Child care vouchers?  You get it for free, and I get to pay $700 a month on child care.  And we don't qualify for the earned income deduction because we "make too much", yet we are purely middle class- why isn't this deducted from your tax return?  Your kids get grants to go to college, my oldest I have to pay out of pocket and substitute with loans ($3000 a term for state college).  Why isn't there a break for the middle class???  We work so hard, yet we owe so much.  If you are on PA just think of all the benefits you get while we have to pay out of pocket, you'll see once you deduct that, we have almost the same monthly income yet we choose to work rather than work the system.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I'm not going to explain this again.. Once you hit a certain income level you can't deduct.  Please look it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

My parents went to a seasoned CPA for years and owed thousands. This year, they used TaxAct and are getting a refund. Their CPA missed a ton of deductions. Childcare and school can be deducted.

We have never used a CPA and we get a refund every year.

Quoting Anonymous:

We go to a seasoned CPA.  Trust me, this is correct.  

Quoting nevaNabismommy:

You can deduct child care and school, you need to go somewhere better and have your taxes done next year or go to h&r block,for there second look program

marchantmom06
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Say what??? You need a second look!!!

Quoting numonestunar:

We paid 100k in taxes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM
6 moms liked this

get the fuck over it. Paying in means you actually make money, be thankful. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Right! We are homeless! Have no savings. My husband works 3 jobs! When I was working full time it was costing us $100 more than my income to put the kids in daycare. ALL of our money goes to bills and debt! Our pittly tax return did deduct the pa we received out of it. And then went to debt. I'm sorry you think you deserve a bigger break than everyone else. And it bothers you that your entitlement is not a shared view by those handing out the help. I was middle class too before 2010 when my entire world went to shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. Its so great that you're able to even have a savings. Whine. Bitch. Moan.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM
4 moms liked this
If you make more than 50K you ARENT middle class.... Just sayin...

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Quoting Anonymous:

Me thinks your taxes got effed up. My mom makes 50K a year, went tax exempt (claimed 9 & 5) almost all year and has 0 dependants and STILL is only paying 300 fed.

As I said before they are at a limit that simple write off just don't do much. I am guessing it is more than $50,000.
LadyStork
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Sorry to hear that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Well, maybe you should quit your job and live off the government. OR you could have a few more kids and that might help too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm middle class too...we still deducted all that stuff...my good friend who is in the tax bracket above us can still deduct

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not going to explain this again.. Once you hit a certain income level you can't deduct.  Please look it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

My parents went to a seasoned CPA for years and owed thousands. This year, they used TaxAct and are getting a refund. Their CPA missed a ton of deductions. Childcare and school can be deducted.

We have never used a CPA and we get a refund every year.

Quoting Anonymous:

We go to a seasoned CPA.  Trust me, this is correct.  

Quoting nevaNabismommy:

You can deduct child care and school, you need to go somewhere better and have your taxes done next year or go to h&r block,for there second look program

marchantmom06
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Op we pay A LOT A LOT A LOT more than that quarterly and annually. But I do agree with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:41 PM
What are you?

Quoting Anonymous:

If you make more than 50K you ARENT middle class.... Just sayin...

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Quoting Anonymous:

Me thinks your taxes got effed up. My mom makes 50K a year, went tax exempt (claimed 9 & 5) almost all year and has 0 dependants and STILL is only paying 300 fed.

As I said before they are at a limit that simple write off just don't do much. I am guessing it is more than $50,000.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)