Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm bipolar and struggling with med compliance.**eta** *update**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I stopped taking meds and it was a HUGE struggle last year to get back on.
Now I'm rebuilding, getting to a healthy place.
My ds and I are happy.
But lately I have this circling thoughts that I should stop taking my meds.
I can't make it go away and I don't have anyone to speak to about it.
I question whether I really need them sometimes, and it scares me.
I wish there was a person I could check in with and just have them tell me "yes its stupid to stop! Take them!"
But its so embarrassing to need that.
On top of that, if I suddenly stop my pills I can have seizures.
Its so stupid and its hardest part of this illness.
Anyhow. That my dumb embarrassing shameful confession.
*edit*
To clarify: I am not epileptic. Anti-convulsants are used to treat bipolar disorder. Suddenly stopping them can cause seizures.
**eta2**
Thank you so much for all the replies.
I know it's the illness that puts these thoughts in my head, and I will be coming back to this post and reading through all of these replies should the thoughts arise.
I like my meds, I like what they do for me and how they make me feel.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2012 at 3:04 AM
Replies (61-67):
gapeach0513
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:09 AM

You *HAVE* to take your meds.  Just remember everything you've gone through while not on them.  I'm in the medical field (pharmacy, actually), and there's nothing for you to be embarrassed about.  If you need regular encouragement, PM me.  I don't mind giving you my cell #, so you can call me anytime.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Thanks so much :)

Quoting gapeach0513:

You *HAVE* to take your meds.  Just remember everything you've gone through while not on them.  I'm in the medical field (pharmacy, actually), and there's nothing for you to be embarrassed about.  If you need regular encouragement, PM me.  I don't mind giving you my cell #, so you can call me anytime.

mkdirector2011
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:52 AM

send me a friend request, I will always be straight forward...

MomToYoungerSis
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I am also a bipolarite!!  If you wanna chat, contact me.....(u don't have to add me as a friend, btw)....I'm happy to help u, in any way I can, if you'll let me....from all kinds of ?s (even "stupid" ones, tho there are none, IMO!!) to my experiences (my day-trip, er 6 days-trip, to the psych ward, which was quite an adventure in itself!!!, or my day-to-day life and struggles, or my "previous" life vs. my now life for the past 5 yrs. (I just had my anniversary last week!!:), or my life as a kid bipolarite (before my diagnosis).....whatever....let me know, my friend!! :)  Take Care and the Best of Luck to u......:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:28 AM
:)
I don't usually speak to much about past experiences or lockups. Really the only time i chat about bipolar is when there's something specific I am struggling with, I just stick to that issue.
I don't like to dwell on the negatives, I find I get caught in self pity, looking back instead of looking forward.
I don't want bipolar disorder to define who I am.

Quoting MomToYoungerSis:

I am also a bipolarite!!  If you wanna chat, contact me.....(u don't have to add me as a friend, btw)....I'm happy to help u, in any way I can, if you'll let me....from all kinds of ?s (even "stupid" ones, tho there are none, IMO!!) to my experiences (my day-trip, er 6 days-trip, to the psych ward, which was quite an adventure in itself!!!, or my day-to-day life and struggles, or my "previous" life vs. my now life for the past 5 yrs. (I just had my anniversary last week!!:), or my life as a kid bipolarite (before my diagnosis).....whatever....let me know, my friend!! :)  Take Care and the Best of Luck to u......:)

MomToYoungerSis
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM

okey-dokey....worth a shot, anyways!! :)  If u ever wanna chat, just hit me up, girl....thanks for your honesty, btw!!...I really appreciate it!! :)  Have a great day!!!! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Apr. 22, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Im bipolar, and have been unmedicated for three years. I am too afraid of the side effects from the meds.

Lamictal i got a full bosy rash
geodon i had seizures while on the med.

Now i am afraid of all of them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN