Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who isnt a photographer these days?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Are you a photographer? Do you think the title is extremely overused? Do you feel that your work is worthy of the title "Professional Photographer"? Do you want to throw yourself over a cliff, when you see people charge $25 for a session, and offer their Picnik edited photos on a disc?

Show off your work, if you're brave enough!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Replies (581-590):
andiecheyenne
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:09 PM
May I ask how they are crowded? Noy trying to sound like a bitch or anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but your photography sucks. You crowd your pictures and make them look very unbalanced

Quoting gapeach0513:

I actually AM a professional photographer.  This is just a little sampling of my work to "prove" it.  lol  :-)   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Breezie_Starr
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I love taking pictuers and editing but I don't call myself a photographer. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

eyeheartsin
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Instagram made me one!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I am at a loss to be honest a 10 year veteran of photography and this is the result????

The soft focus is waaaaay overdone to the point where it looks as if you have deliberately blurred out a person.  The worse ones are the couple pics...they dont look natural at all, forced.

Quoting Anonymous:

Goodness, I hate to say/write this, but I have to agree. Your pics are not good enough to charge people or call your self a Pro. They are dark and you went crazy with the soft focus, you also have limbs cut off and that is a no no. How long have you been taking pictures? when did you become pro??

Quoting Anonymous:

I have to agree. Very amateur looking. Sorry. They're nice. But I can take pictures like these with my phone.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but your photography sucks. You crowd your pictures and make them look very unbalanced

Quoting gapeach0513:

I actually AM a professional photographer.  This is just a little sampling of my work to "prove" it.  lol  :-)   

TexasWife
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Mine is just a SLR. I do not have a DSLR. Then again. I don't call myself a photographer or do "shoots". I am just a snap happy person. My father and I are planning a small trip to take pictures of steeples soon. He owned a Ariel photography business.

Quoting CosmicPossum:

I am NOT a photographer.  I'm just a woman with a camera who enjoys taking pictures as a hobby.  I must say every person (especially women it seems) with a camera, especially a DSLR, thinks they can start a photography business to make money now.  I wish i could afford a high dollar camera and had more skill, but for my hobby it isn't necessary.

SimplyErathy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:26 PM

i want to strangle some people lol i think im decent but i wouldent call myself a pro lol

heres mine lol

but i do think im pretty good at designing :D i made a edible graphic for dd's cake since she love iron man and angry birds lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on May. 3, 2012 at 11:28 PM

sorry but i would not pay for any of those :/ they are dark, over blurred and strange angled...

Quoting chunkyhoney78:

my fav pics out of this is the baby feet with his parents rings love it!!

Quoting gapeach0513:

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Oh Hun I'm really sorry to say but these pics are not very good :/ I was going to say maybe with some classes and practice you could get better but you said you've been doing this over a decade.

My mother is a real professional photogropher and I don't know much about photography but I can tell these pics aren't great. I'm sorry. I'm really not trying to be rude. I think I could probably take pics as good as these.

Have you taken classes or are you self taught? Do you belong to any associations?

Quoting gapeach0513:

Um, ok.  You are free to your opinion, but I've been doing this a long time, and clients pay hundreds of dollars per session on my work, so I think many would disagree with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Far from a professional.....amateur at best.......

Quoting gapeach0513:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DollFace-23
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:37 PM
The blur adds too much distraction, making it look like there's too much going on

Quoting andiecheyenne:

May I ask how they are crowded? Noy trying to sound like a bitch or anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting gapeach0513:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Not a professional. I just love this car and want to share it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN