Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know how Americans do it! *Edit - Walked away for half an hour and holy man.

Posted by   + Show Post

Paying for health care and such. In Canada, even without insurance medical bills are very minimal. You can go deliver your baby, get the pain meds, stay over night and pay $0. Surgery $0. Gun shot to the head $0. Other than dental, eye appointments, extended care and prescriptions we really don't pay much. I do not envy you guys having to shell out for everything and try and work that, on top of everything else, into a budget. And, if you have insurance from what I understand it is rather pricey. 

God bless Canada!

Edit

So, I walked away from the computer for a half hour to visit with my neighbour and I see you have all been very active on the post. Haven't had time to read anything yet, but I didn't mean to start a huge debate. I just have read lots of posts about paying for health care, the bills, the debt, etc. and I am sympathetic to your situation in the States. It must take some real effort, and cause some major stress on those who end up paying these debts. But, with all that, the bills in the States and the higher taxes in Canada, I am still glad to be in the Western world where have health care. There are many nations where people go with all kinds of sickness and disease without knowing and ultimately die at a younger age. I will take paying and life over nothing and death any day. 

Tiffany

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Replies (141-138):
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured