Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Body issues....is it just me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

I hate my body. I've always had body issues, even though I feel I've gotten past them they still linger in the back of my mind. I was raised by a father who told me everyday i was too fat, my hair wasn't right, etc. I was always thin(105-110), and I went through counseling as an adult to deal with it. I've had 3 kids and some days I have a very hard time accepting the way my body looks....constantly comparing myself to other women. I can't stand to see myself naked because it disgusts me. So ladies be honest with me, i can take criticism just please be kind about it. Am i being overly critical of myself or does every womam feel like this at some point or another?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM

you are very pretty from the neck down. But your obvious lack of self esteem is unattractive. I mean you posted a pic of you in your underwear to get approval from a pack of wolves. It screams needy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

No one has the perfect body!  You obviously know how hard it is to get a flat stomach after having children!  You should focus in on your inner beauty rather then your body!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Not approval, just curious if other ppl see what i see. People who know me would be shocked if they knew i had low self esteem bc its not something i share. I'm confident in all other aspects of my life but this is kinda my own little secret demon that i struggle with. What better place to get an honest opinion than from other women? People are more likely to be honest on here bc they dont know me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Trolling for approval are we... lol get a life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I think everyone struggles with body image.
Even thin girls, like yourself.
You look fine, and I think your being too hard on yourself
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM
3 moms liked this
I understand that you have body issues but honey...if I had your body I would be a happy gal!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM
If you would have read the whole post before replying, you would see where I'm coming from. No need to be hateful.

Quoting Anonymous:

Trolling for approval are we... lol get a life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Thank u. It's hard because I think I look ok especially having 3 kids but then I see gorgeous women with perfect bodies and I'm like well why would anyone look at me and think I'm beautiful when theres women who look like that? Most days I'm pretty confident because I am smart, I am a great mom and I know i have alot of great attributes. Idk i guess every now and then the old body issues creep up and just really get me down.

Quoting Anonymous:

epoh
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Yes, thin girls struggle with it too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:07 AM
I'm sorry you feel that way. I like your undies, where did you get them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)