Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Body issues....is it just me?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I hate my body. I've always had body issues, even though I feel I've gotten past them they still linger in the back of my mind. I was raised by a father who told me everyday i was too fat, my hair wasn't right, etc. I was always thin(105-110), and I went through counseling as an adult to deal with it. I've had 3 kids and some days I have a very hard time accepting the way my body looks....constantly comparing myself to other women. I can't stand to see myself naked because it disgusts me. So ladies be honest with me, i can take criticism just please be kind about it. Am i being overly critical of myself or does every womam feel like this at some point or another?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
Sweets27
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:10 AM
My mom would call me all kinds of names growing up like bitch,assholes etc. She had issues and it wasn't my fucking problem. No one is perfect BTW. I notice beautiful women and I know they're not perfect. We are all different and thats what makes us beautiful. You are beautiful op.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:12 AM

it's a woman thing, here's me I have a long list of parts I hate. Just know that no one else notices the things you hate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:14 AM
lol thanks...i got these at Target. They always have the cutest bras and panties!

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I like your undies, where did you get them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Thank u, i completely understand, it took a long time in counseling to realize my father was the one who had the problem. Even now though i still hear that little "you are never gonna be thin enough" in the back of my head.

Quoting Sweets27:

My mom would call me all kinds of names growing up like bitch,assholes etc. She had issues and it wasn't my fucking problem. No one is perfect BTW. I notice beautiful women and I know they're not perfect. We are all different and thats what makes us beautiful. You are beautiful op.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:19 AM
You are gorgeous(i love your abs!). i try to remember that other ppl dont notice the little things i do but yea its hard not to look in the mirror and critique every little flaw.

Quoting jonellg:

it's a woman thing, here's me I have a long list of parts I hate. Just know that no one else notices the things you hate.

Sweets27
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:21 AM
So what if you're not thin? It's your body and your choice to be how you want to be. There is no perfect body. When you have that thought in your head, immediately do something you enjoy. Read a book, garden, go for a walk. Don't let those thoughts run in your head. Shake them off and think of other important things. Good luck.
;)
Quoting Anonymous:

Thank u, i completely understand, it took a long time in counseling to realize my father was the one who had the problem. Even now though i still hear that little "you are never gonna be thin enough" in the back of my head.

Quoting Sweets27:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Thanks. It's like a diesese, I see myself in photos and think I look great but when I look in the mirror all I see is a fatass. It's really really stupid.

I think every woman on the planet belittles herself in the mirror and we all need to stop.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are gorgeous(i love your abs!). i try to remember that other ppl dont notice the little things i do but yea its hard not to look in the mirror and critique every little flaw.

Quoting jonellg:

spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:23 AM
I was a size 0 at 5'7 and still felt fat and uncomfortable in my own body. You look great, but I understand where you're coming from.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CocolateLady
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting brettsmomma:

you are very pretty from the neck down. But your obvious lack of self esteem is unattractive. I mean you posted a pic of you in your underwear to get approval from a pack of wolves. It screams needy.

I have a Computer, a vibrator, & Chocolate..Why should I leave the house? ;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Omg yes thats exactly how i feel. My counselor told me some people have body dysmorphic disorder which is basically where they might weigh 100 lbs but see a fat person in the mirror. My issues aren't quite that bad but I am still extremely critical. Unfortunatly now days we live in a society that teaches women a thin body is the only beautiful body.

Quoting jonellg:

Thanks. It's like a diesese, I see myself in photos and think I look great but when I look in the mirror all I see is a fatass. It's really really stupid.

I think every woman on the planet belittles herself in the mirror and we all need to stop.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jonellg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured