Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Exactly how important is first morning urine?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Hypothetically, if a woman thought she could possibly be pregnant and was going to test, how important would first morning urine be?

Keep in mind that the woman was hypothetically supposed to start her period yesterday (but has been having pregnancy-like symptoms for several days), and it is a dollar store test. 

The big issue here is that this lady was supposed to go to a friend's birthday party tonight, and of course she doesn't want to risk the possible fetus's health by drinking. So she wants to test today, but is worried she won't get an accurate result because it's not morning.

Should she test now, and go on to the party if it's negative, without worrying about risking the fetus? Or should she not drink even if she gets a negative result? Or should she not drink at all and still wait until tomorrow to test?

Hypothetically, of course.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephy87
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Just don't drink, period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..guesswho..
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Just not drink.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mutedsapphire
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Don't drink, test in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ccoyle4
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Take a test, but don't drink. I tested around 10pm before my period was late on a dollar store test and got a positive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I had only planned on having a few drinks, but it is a friend's 30th birthday party. There will be alcohol and I would like to drink.

Pregnancy is only a slim possibility, I am on hormonal BC. But because of the BC my period is VERY regular. I take it religiously every day at the same time, not on anti biotics, etc etc. It is possible that I am stressed and that's why my body is wonky.

Quoting stephy87:

Just don't drink, period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:48 PM
I never tested first thing in the morning. My first positive test was at 10pm.

I would never risk it though. Don't drink.
Jstoddard98
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I would say drink.   I drank before I knew I was pregnant and my baby is perfectly healthy.  I wouldn't get smashed but I really don't think a few drinks are going to harm you - esp if the test is negative.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

The reason for first morning pee is because it is the most concentrated because you have been holding it all night during your sleep.

Just hold your pee for the rest of the day until it is almost time for the party, then pee on the stick.

"Hypothetically" of course.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM

If she seriously thinks she might be pregnant, than she should just not drink....if I were her I would test now then in the morning if I got a negative.

Jstoddard98
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Anyways the first urine of the day is supposed to have the highest of that hormone that pregnant women have in their urine and that's why they say to test in the morning.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)