Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This post makes me.........also love being a SAHM!!!

Poll

Question: Are you a SAHM??

Options:

I am and I love it

I am and I don't want to be

I am and it's ok

I am not and I love it

I am not and I want to be

I am not and it's ok

Other (always an other option, please explain below)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 194

View Results

I wanted to make a post b/c this post will make me a bronze member of this group, woohoo for my 250th post!!! 

So my post really is about loving being a SAHM.  I've seen the post about how a SAHM can consider staying home a job and I do but it's a job I LOVE (no this is not a s/o)!!  I'm home with my kids all day, I homeschool them so we are together all the time.  I haven't worked a job outside the home in almost 9 years and it is awesome to just have to take care of my kids, hubby, and house all day long.  I didn't even work when my hubby was out of work for over a year just recently but we still made it through (with God's grace).  My hubby works hard to provide for us and I love making sure he doesn't have to do anything inside the house (besides taking trash out).  We aren't on PA, although we have been in the past, and I'm thankful that we don't need it anymore.  I doubt I'll go back to work anytime soon, if ever.  I cannot imagine having to work a full time job outside the home and take care of the kids, hubby, and house too.  It makes me sad that some of you have to when you don't want to.  HUGS to all you working moms that would rather stay home!!!!  That's all I can think to put for the moment (it's late, lol)  Ask anything you wish although I won't promise to answer the rude, mean, or snotty comments/questions.  :)

Crystal~Wife to Robert~2/11/01

Mommy to Joshua~7/19/00, Lillian~7/1/06, Kimberly~9/9/10, and furbaby CopyCat~7/2/03

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."~Phillipians 4:13 (NKJV)

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Replies (61-70):
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I love being a sahm.

JBbean
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I adore being a SAHM! We have a 5 month old son, once he goes to school we'll ttc again!
Eventually I'll start cutting hair from home again, once he is able to be a little more independant. I don't really see myself getting an away from home job, though.

Foster_Mom
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a SAHM for a while.  I am a nurse, and I do miss the income from my job.  I just needed to stay home for 6 months or so to help my family through some major changes.  My kids needed me, and my husband was overwhelmed while I was away working long shifts.  Our 5 kids are complex, and I do better home alone with them than he does. :)  My husband is a wonderful father, no doubt...........but we have so many appointments and special circumstances with our kiddos.............his days off  (when I worked) were total chaos in the house!  :)  I plan to go back to work when school starts again this fall.

Mehganh
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a SAHM and I love it and hate it. I use to be a single mom and worked full time and felt guilty about not being with DD1 enough. Now I have 2 DD's and stay home. Very different that working. I think this is harder. For me personally. I have days like today where I feel I'm going to lose my mind. But I'm also blessed that I get the opportunity to stay with them while they are still young. (3 and 5 months)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hira12
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

He wants me to call someone for help but I live in a two bed two bath condo and its the daily mess..Like everyone leaving shoes at the front, kids diapers clothes, its just everywhere. I guess if we get a bigger house it might be not so messy :) Hubby pitching in..not in a 1000 years...I think my son takes up a lot of time and energy thats why I am falling behind..will catch up in few months :D

Quoting mommyto2gr8ones:

HUGS momma!!  I know some days it can be difficult for me to keep the house clean, I couldn't imagine how crazy it would be w/all that going on!!  Have you thought about hiring someone once a week for help cleaning?  Or maybe your hubby could pitch in a little more?  I hope things get easier for you!!

Quoting hira12:

I am 25..i have a peeschooler and 7 month old baby..i ws so happy to be home..no mess in the house, no dishes in the sink and I had time to workout n stuff...thn the semester started and work too....my house looks like a garbage truck unloaded here..house mess makes me go crazy...i wake up in the middle of the nite to clean...i get no other time...its too much to handle..

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM

well I will be as of tomorrow and I think it SUCKS

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I am and I love it.  I can't imagine not being there for my children's every move, every milestone, every everything.  I think being with children in the younger years is so important for them.  

Right now I am finishing up my internship from 5am-8am.  The kids usually don't wake up until 8:30am.  I am here from the time they wake up to the time they go to bed.  I am done my internship on June 29th.  The hospital already offered me a job with a salary that is higher than those usually starting out and I declined.  I will not work until the youngest is in school.  I would not miss time when them as babies for any amount of money.

Islandmom2boys
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I love being a SAHM, I love being with boys every minute of the day. I struggled over 11 years to have a baby and now I cannot get enough of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyto2gr8ones
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Awww, I'm sorry to hear you aren't happy with your current situation.  I hope you can find some happiness in it.  HUGS!!!

Quoting iluv2meow:

iluv2meow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Ive been SAHM for 16 years I doubt Im gonna love it now.

Quoting mommyto2gr8ones:

Awww, I'm sorry to hear you aren't happy with your current situation.  I hope you can find some happiness in it.  HUGS!!!

Quoting iluv2meow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured