Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm scared CPS will take away my kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this

I in no way abuse or neglect my kids but I'm worried cps will get called because of how out of control my almost 3 year old is. (3 in June)

Everything is a constant battle and she screams all the time.

Everytime I try to get her to go to bed at night she will scream and the top of her lungs like someone is killing her until the neighbors start beating on our wall. (We live in an apartment). She stayed up until 5am the day before yesterday and 2am most nights. We have a routine and after the story when she's supposed to lay down is when the screaming starts.

During the day she is screaming and  yelling at the top of her lungs; demanding, and being mean to her little sister so that she starts crying. Her poor sister never has any peace and can't play with anything without having it ripped from her hands and then being pushed down or hit. The walls are so thin I'm afraid someone is gonna think I'm hurting them.

I don't know what to do. If I dicipline her she screams louder. I have taken away TV, toys, treats everything. I've tried time outs and spankings (which makes it worse) and nothing helps. Idk what to do to at least keep her quiet.

She was potty trained for 3 or 4 months but now she started going on the floor and when I ask her why she didnt go in the potty and she says she just didnt want to. It's like she has to do the exact opposite of what she's supposed to do.

I'm at my wits end and I just don't know how to help her :( Is any of this normal for an almost 3 year old? What can I do to help her. Please.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kjfamily
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM
3 moms liked this
Talk to your doctor about a child dose of melatonin for sleep and to make bedtime easier. It's natural and safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I would ask your pediatrician.. Many children have sensory disorders that has symptoms like these. It could just be she is stubborn. At the age of three I started taking things away from my son as punishment requiring him to earn them back.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Get her into some behavioural therapy!
dee06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I agree here. I have had to do the same thing. It helps so much

Quoting kjfamily:

Talk to your doctor about a child dose of melatonin for sleep and to make bedtime easier. It's natural and safe.

lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM
If you've talked to the doc and they don't have answers...I would say, kids will do what works to get them what they want. What kind of diciplin are you trying with her and are you following through or do you give in to her screams so that the neighbors don't get upset? I don't mean to sound like I'm blamming you or anything, just trying to help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:15 PM

If they are called they wont take them away they aren't abused or mistreated one is just out of control they may offer you some parent discipline classes or something

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Have you taken her to the dr yet to see what could be wrong? Also good to have a record of her behaviors.

You might want o try 1 mg of melatonin at night to help her sleep. Ask your dr first though.

Has the management at your apartment said anything to you about the noise? If cps does show up I wouldn't worry lots of kids have issues like this, they will ask questions and want to see your dd. If your house is clean no worries. They aren't going to remove your kids because you have a screamer.

My son has a ton of issues and is on medication, if you came by my house pretty much anytime you would thing someone was beating him. He yells, screams, throws things etc. All the time. My neighbors are used to it. I do not live in an apartment though.

jnttd
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
That behavior is extreme even for a toddler. She needs to he evaluated so she can get the proper therapies and so you can learn what kind of "discipline" is best for her. You can't guide special needs children the way you can neuro typical children. Have her evaluated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Chaotic-
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Evaluation. I agree with what the pp's have suggested.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyJay512
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Take her to the doctors, if they don't find anything wrong then she's just a spoiled brat and you need to put your foot down and not worry about what others think. It's your child, your household. You're the adult not her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)