Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weddings

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

I absolutely love small intimate weddings, you can feel the love and happiness, large weddings are like a circus to me just for show, they end up being more about the guest and impressing everyone than about the couple my opinion whats yours?

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyStork
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Whenever Dh and I have an actual wedding, it will be really small. Like REALLY small.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM
I agree. I have helped with weddings that cost over 20k and ones that only cost a 1k. The bigger ones were hectic, no one was able to relax and have fun. The smaller ones seem to be the ones that people remember and enjoy the most.

SO and I have given ourselves a budget of 6k, and that still seems outrageous to many people I know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
curiouskitty
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:43 PM
We had a small wedding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jandyrodax
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I was never one that liked big weddings or the wedding dresses. I just don't understand the point in spending a ton of money like some people do just for a piece of paper. 

When my husband and I got married we went to the Justice of the Peace. We didn't tell anyone we were going to go get married until after it was done. It was just the two of us, the judge and my son (previous marriage) and the son we had together. It was perfect for us. 

Mweddle
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:44 PM

We had a large wedding.  I loved it because I wanted to share my wedding with my family, friends, and church family.  :) There were 300 guests.  I guess that may not be that big but it was to me but I liked it because it was all people who were important to us.  I didn't want to leave anyone out.  I WANTED them there so it worked for us. :)

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM
I love small weddings. I'm only having a max of 40 at mine in June.
MomRocs1102
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I though I was the only one that felt this way lol

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I had a large wedding, and guests still compliment me on it, even 8 years later. No one forgot. :)

Of course my having the ceremony and reception in the SAME location is why so many complimented it. I myself love weddings set up that way. It is so much easier.

lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM
I agree. I wanted a small wedding SO BAD but dh's family is so large that it wasn't possible. I tried to convince him to go to the JOP with just me and not tell anyone and then have the big wedding for who it was for...everyone else! He wouldn't go for it. He's super traditional that way, and I'm, well...not.
He promised that down the road we will renew our vows with a small ceremony, outdoors, the way I wanted. :(
Still makes me kind of sad sometimes that I never got that wedding I always wanted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I just don't believe a couple has 500 friends and family to invite to their wedding that's why i say its for show to invite anyone willing to come.  Its a circus out of the 500 only 200 are happy for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured