Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: MOMMY2ACR

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:30 PM
  • 9 Replies

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, MOMMY2ACR, spends most of her time in the Mom Confessions group.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

My defining moment so far was when I finally realized that my daughter was here to stay and that she was mine and I would have to raise her and teach her the ways of the world. During the first few weeks of bliss and sleepless nights, it didn't really kick in that she was mine. I felt like it was too good to be true.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? 

Mom Confessions

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? 

I like that CafeMom has something for everyone. Need advice? You can get it. Need a laugh? you can get it. Feel like talking about something besides children? You can do it here. :)

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

I like to paint my nails and make hair accessories for me and my daughter.

5. What are your favorites:
Book: Crank by Ellen Hopkins
Movie: The Last Song
Song: One and Only by Adele
Food: Turkey sandwiches
Place to travel to: Any BEACH! :)

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? 

Tori Spelling. She has got to have some good advice on keeping up with children close in age. Soon, I'll need every bit of advice I can get on that topic.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 

Don't just take someone's advice because you think you should. Do your own research and make your own decisions.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? 

Sensitive.

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 

I wanted to work at Picadilly as a small child. :) I had big dreams right?  Now I am a stay at home mom and starting beauty school in the near future.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

I would trade places with Mila Kunis.

Now answer her question for YOU: 

How do you deal with unsolicited advice? Whether it comes from close family or friends, or random strangers.

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Eve-marie
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:07 PM
I just ignore it mostly, depending on what it is of course. Sometimes they have more experience, but if I know for a fact they have no experience or it sounds like they read it in a book then I just flush it down the toilet of my mind, lol.
Donnab6395
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Hmmm that's a hard one. It depends on what the advice is & what the circumstances are & who it's coming from. I usually let the person think I'm listening or I do listen but let it go out the other ear. If I think it's good advice I'll listen & see if that's what's right for me. I don't give advice unless you ask me & if you don't want a honest answer then please don't ask me. 

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:41 AM

It depends on who it's coming from.  If there is experience to back up that advice or it's from someone I trust, I listen and take it into account.  Other times, I politely nod and say "I'll consider that." 

mommy23ds
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I just thank people for the information.

NCMOMMIE18
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:58 PM

With all the above I just take it witha grain of salt. Because at the end of the day I know what's best for my family. And it seems like everyone has some kind of advice doesn't it?

ejbljb
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Smile and nod, then change the subject if it's bad advice. Sometimes I will challenge them and ask them why I should do it that way. I'm open to learning new things, so I do often research it later. 

notthemommahaha
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Depends on my mood! If I have time, I listen, they may have something I can learn. If I am busy, I just excuse myself, and say, "you know, I would love to hear what you have to say, but maybe another time. I am really swamped right now. "  If I am not at all interested at what they say, because it has proven to be bad advice, I say,  " I appreciate  you wanting to help, but I much prefer to make my own mistakes, but thank you for caring".   Hope this helps!

noneya79
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I usually smile and nod... Sometimes I will thank them for the idea, and tell them I might try it out! 

Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:31 PM

How do you deal with unsolicited advice? Whether it comes from close family or friends, or random strangers.

Depends on the advice, whether or not its valid..or relates to me in some way..and most importantly how, how it's given to me. If your a cold hearted bitch about it, I will just ignore you/it and walk away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)