CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
My defining moment so far was when I finally realized that my daughter was here to stay and that she was mine and I would have to raise her and teach her the ways of the world. During the first few weeks of bliss and sleepless nights, it didn't really kick in that she was mine. I felt like it was too good to be true.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
I like that CafeMom has something for everyone. Need advice? You can get it. Need a laugh? you can get it. Feel like talking about something besides children? You can do it here. :)
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
I like to paint my nails and make hair accessories for me and my daughter.
5. What are your favorites:
Book: Crank by Ellen Hopkins
Movie: The Last Song
Song: One and Only by Adele
Food: Turkey sandwiches
Place to travel to: Any BEACH! :)
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
Tori Spelling. She has got to have some good advice on keeping up with children close in age. Soon, I'll need every bit of advice I can get on that topic.
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don't just take someone's advice because you think you should. Do your own research and make your own decisions.
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
I wanted to work at Picadilly as a small child. :) I had big dreams right? Now I am a stay at home mom and starting beauty school in the near future.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
I would trade places with Mila Kunis.
Now answer her question for YOU:
How do you deal with unsolicited advice? Whether it comes from close family or friends, or random strangers.