Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
so my mil just came by and told my dh she needs to talk to him...well instead of talking to him here she takes him to her foster home..i have no idea wth she has to discuss that she cant discuss in front of me. She does a lot for us and our kids.. I am worried that she has decided that she will take away all the help she has given dh if he does not divorce me..sigh.. Ill update when he gets back

update: so it was all over the fact we have a small old tv that we use...sigh...she went and bought us a bigger flat screen like 46 inches all because in her words now 'that tv is not good enough. Why do you have such a small and old tv for??' i am speachless...over a stupid tv... omg... I try to tell her we didnt need..oh no she was not having that....sigh... Oh wait for it..yea she is going to by my dd thats four yrs old a new flat screen for her room...what in the world does a four yr old need a flat screen for...oh i almost forgot and a state of the art dvd player...sigh...sometimes i dont know what to do with that women..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
allicat09
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:01 PM
that i dont know.. He does it all the time because she helps us..so its like do what she says or im going to cancel the loan payment and taking the car...

Quoting LoveMyBlessings:

Why the heck did your husband agree to that? My man would have said to talk in front of my wife, or we have nothing to discuss.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:01 PM

OK I may get bashed for this but I think it may give you some insight.  If my son was interested in "white trash" I would do whatever to get rid of her.  Why?

White trash isnt just poor, white trash is unkempt, loud and classless.  

White trash would not make good choices, they would not work with my husband to have a good life.  They would work against him and not save for the future, not get a proper education, not work hard.  

White trash would use my son and cause drama for him.

If a girl came in and was poor, but worked hard in school, made good choices (that would mean no kids when she was unmarried or a teen) and had goals I would try to get to know her.  I would support them as a couple with high goals and a bright future.  

If you pick a man, knowing you are not what his family wants for him and you still want a relationship with the family (that includes money from them) it is your burden to prove yourself.  I personally would only marry into a family that accepted me for who I am. 

Quoting allicat09:

i am going to school...i do online because its a little easier for us..

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I guess I would work on going to school and growing up a bit.  I cant imagine she would care if you were poor.  Its usually about attitude.  

WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I just read your update and I guess just appreciate the gesture.

IDK what she'd think your dd needs her own tv but whatever. Maybe let dd have it but make strict limits to watching time (that you don't share with mil cuz she sounds like she'd freak out about that.)

Good luck!!!
allicat09
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:06 PM
so based on what you said. If your son fell in love with someone and she had a kid unmarried she is white trash.. I am educated. I am going to college for criminal justice...i did have a kid before i meet him.. We also got pg before we were married.. I didnt meet his family until after i was pg with our ds...im not loud..i believe i have class.. She calls me white trash because my family is not rich..and my parents did not go to college which i believe is on my parents not me..my mom was a teen mom.. Honestly the only drama we deal with is my dds real dad. That is rare but when he starts his crap it is a war in us.. Thank you for your insight though..

Quoting NDADanceMom:

OK I may get bashed for this but I think it may give you some insight.  If my son was interested in "white trash" I would do whatever to get rid of her.  Why?

White trash isnt just poor, white trash is unkempt, loud and classless.  

White trash would not make good choices, they would not work with my husband to have a good life.  They would work against him and not save for the future, not get a proper education, not work hard.  

White trash would use my son and cause drama for him.

If a girl came in and was poor, but worked hard in school, made good choices (that would mean no kids when she was unmarried or a teen) and had goals I would try to get to know her.  I would support them as a couple with high goals and a bright future.  

If you pick a man, knowing you are not what his family wants for him and you still want a relationship with the family (that includes money from them) it is your burden to prove yourself.  I personally would only marry into a family that accepted me for who I am. 

Quoting allicat09:

i am going to school...i do online because its a little easier for us..

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I guess I would work on going to school and growing up a bit.  I cant imagine she would care if you were poor.  Its usually about attitude.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allicat09
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM
that was what i said..what in the world does she need a tv for...but ill make strict times to watch it and rules ab not touching it..im just scared that she will broke it or our ds will broke it...she would freak out..

Quoting WheelerWife:

I just read your update and I guess just appreciate the gesture.

IDK what she'd think your dd needs her own tv but whatever. Maybe let dd have it but make strict limits to watching time (that you don't share with mil cuz she sounds like she'd freak out about that.)

Good luck!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM
YES! I am the only SHM and they all think I am stupid for not having a "real" job.

We go visit his family like once a months nd the kids can never be wearing the same thing or they fuss about me not dressing the kids good enough.

Anytime the other grand kids are around they are treated like gold and my kids are just there. It makes me soooo mad.

I will say MiL has been doing better but it had taken 2+ years

Quoting allicat09:

i dread christmas and thanksgiving... Everyone tries to one up everyone..

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like DH family. I am uneducated white trash too. I hate family functions

Quoting allicat09:

that side of the family is rich..she was upset when we got married because he didnt marry well...she thinks im white trash...we dont get along at all.

Quoting RayneofTerror:

Wot makes ou think she wants him to divorce you?

allicat09
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM
yea sounds about right,,well heres to hoping she will get better

Quoting Anonymous:

YES! I am the only SHM and they all think I am stupid for not having a "real" job.

We go visit his family like once a months nd the kids can never be wearing the same thing or they fuss about me not dressing the kids good enough.

Anytime the other grand kids are around they are treated like gold and my kids are just there. It makes me soooo mad.

I will say MiL has been doing better but it had taken 2+ years

Quoting allicat09:

i dread christmas and thanksgiving... Everyone tries to one up everyone..

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like DH family. I am uneducated white trash too. I hate family functions

Quoting allicat09:

that side of the family is rich..she was upset when we got married because he didnt marry well...she thinks im white trash...we dont get along at all.

Quoting RayneofTerror:

Wot makes ou think she wants him to divorce you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Does your husband not provide for your family?
allicat09
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:39 PM
yes he works full time as a mechinic(sp) and part time as a jailer...i lost my job due to the fact i can only work certain times when the kids are in school... Around here no one wants someone working for them if they cant work all the time..she just thought our tv was old n crappy...it is old but it still works.. I didnt think my dd need her own tv cause i watch cartoons with them in the living room...

Quoting Anonymous:

Does your husband not provide for your family?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:47 PM

At leasst she isn't telling you that you are a demon possesed bitch determined to drag her dear son to the pits of hell like my MIL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)