Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pissed off widow

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

A very dear family friend of mine was married to a man for 18 years up until he cheated on her with another woman, she divorced the man and he went on to marry the mistress, he passed away recently after only being married to the new wife for 5 years. My family friend received notice today that she will be receiving all of his SSI payments because the new wife hadn't met the 10 year minimum. The widow is super pissed now and causing all sorts of issues. My friend had nothing to do with this, but now she is enjoying the turn about of it all. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

that makes my heart smile

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah she is recieving a lump payment from the time he died, and the time it took for them to locate her and such so at least a year of payments. She is taking that money and going on a cruise. Something he always promised to take her on, and if finally able to follow thur in a way lol . 

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell her to go shopping and enjoy herself

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

The law is the law, she had already tried to fight it and lost, the government is already sending the money to the ex, once they have all of her account information and so forth. She didn't even know anything about it. 

Quoting Chris030406:

Despite their history, the widow is the one he was with at the end. If he were alive, he would probably chose his current wife over his ex. It's wrong and I hope the widow ties that shit up forever!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:49 PM

HAHA! Well, I'm happy she is getting the money! She deserves it, after being married to the cheating ass for 18 years. The "new wife" is getting her karma!

Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Law or not, it isn't right. Obviously, it wasn't a fling if it lasted 5yrs.
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:52 PM
What's funny is that, if it were the other way around, you'd all still say "good! The ex doesn't deserve anything!"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Well, had the new wife made the 10 year limit it wouldn't be an issue. But the widow trying to cause issues to my friend is out of line. She had nothing to do with it. 

Quoting Chris030406:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Wow, that was close in the time line. She must have been uber pissed at that point 

Quoting KristinawithaK:

That's called karma. A similar situation happened to me when my husband died. Only opposite. She cheated and i got paid. They were married 9 yrs 10 months. Depends on how his life insurance was written along with will, but insurance would have had to have been changed. And state laws obvs come into play.

KristinawithaK
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Ssi is different from life insurance though.
Quoting Chris030406:

Despite their history, the widow is the one he was with at the end. If he were alive, he would probably chose his current wife over his ex. It's wrong and I hope the widow ties that shit up forever!

KristinawithaK
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I dunno, should to ask her? Haha
Her (their) girls are taken care of so she can't be too upset.
Quoting Anonymous:

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I agree with you.

Quoting Chris030406:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN