• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O What to put for reason for leaving job?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

So a couple months ago I quit my job at Wal-Mart. Basically, there was a lot of heavy lifting which I could do but not nearly as fast as my male co-worker could and they expected me to do it as fast as he did. So, I was always getting behind and they were always adding more work that I probably couldn't have got done even if I could do the heavy lifting quickly. They expected way too much out of me, I was getting so stressed out everyday and one day I just got fed up and quit. Now I need to find another job, what should I put as reason for leaving job?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:52 AM

bump

1stpreggers
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:54 AM
pay, location
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:54 AM

If you just quit abruptly there is little reason to think any answer will help you, What I have done in the past in that scenerio, is just leave it off my application. They won't know you worked there if you don't tell them.

SadiasMomma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:54 AM
lacking growth opportunity?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ABMommyto2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:58 AM
I am a hiring manager. The best response is better oppurtunity. The problem you're going to run into is that by listing this employer, you're opening up the new employer contacting them to see if you're eligible for rehire. By quitting and not giving notice, you wouldn't be eligible for rehire. Therefore, it will not present a good impression to any possible future employer. My suggestion is to not list the job on your resume. If a new employer request why the lapse in employment, state you took time off the focus on education or starting a family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:00 AM

That was my first and only job so I don't think I can really leave it off?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:05 AM

bump. Anyone else? I can't leave it off application, I can't put lacking growth opportunity because new job won't really have any room for growth, can't put took time off for education since I haven't pursued any, can't put took time for family cuz it's only been a few months. Any other suggestions? Thanks all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:11 AM

bump :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)