Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes I wish my cat would die

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
In her sleep, peacefully. I feel so bad for thinking that. She is old & sick. she'll have a bad day & I get ready to schedule to put her down, then she'll have a good day - or even a week. I don't want to put her down if she's only going to have an occasional bad day. I feel so bad, like what if I put her down but she was ok? Sometimes I wish she'd pass naturally so I don't have to make this decision.!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:54 AM
No advice, anything??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM
My dog is the same way. She will be happy and hyper one day, then the next lay around old and miserable.
Josie.Grossie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:57 AM

That is tough =(

ShannyLouisiany
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM
awww I can sympathize. my parents have this old, raggedy, sick dog that we all feel the same way about. my opinion is that once the animal starts having more bad days than good, despite being made as comfortable as possible, it's time to be put to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM

What does the vet say? Does she have a medical condition or is she just older?

Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Is she in pain? I think many vets will rx pain medications for cats if they are suffering but still can have some sort of quality of life on the good days.

Cutiebear_Annie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Trust me hun, you will know when the time is right if you have to put her down. I've been through that and my heart goes out to you on this one. Thats one of the most painful things anybody will go through. When my Misty died in 2007 of Oral Cancer(he was put to sleep), myself, My Mom, Dad and my girls were in the room next to his side. It was a peaceful moment yet very painful. I know where you are coming from on this one. I think we all wished Misty would of passed on his own so we didn't have to go through the Euthanasia process. Bless your heart especially through this rough time.

We were holding off as usual and one day I spoke with my dad on the phone and he said that kitty couldn't even jump up on the tub anymore so that's when we knew. Our cat had whats called Oral Sqaumous Carcinoma of the Jaw. Over time he couldn't even eat anymore. I felt sad when I read your post. I hope you have support to help you get through this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:02 AM
I know it sucks I have been there. But it's probly for the better. Even if she has good days for the most part she can't tell you if it hurts alittle. All the time or just some of the time. You said she was suck. Putting her to sleep is a peaceful way to go. That us what I would do. I am sorry I know it sucks
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:03 AM
I know the feeling, we just put our second dog down in a month, two weeks ago, both had cancer. It's a very hard decision to have to make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wicked_tink
by twinkie humper on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:06 AM

im sorry op :( its hell seein animals suffer <3 i wish you the best and from what it seems she is a fighter :) i hope it gets better for her also

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)