Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NO CRAZY you CANNOT BE IN MY WEDDING!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Df and I have been engaged since christmas. Wedding is in 6 months (end of october). We have had our wedding party picked since last summer, when we started talking about getting engaged.

Now, I asked him in january- will your mom or sis be mad if I do not ask your sis to be on my side? He said, no, you guys aren't close, it's fine.

I say, good, bc I'm not a fan of her (things she has done/said in the past that she refuses to acknowledge or apologize for). We leave it at that.

2 weeks after that convo, fmil and fsil ask how plans are coming. I fill them in on the venue being booked for our date, showed pix of my dress, and told them about invites being ordered. Fsil asks about the wedding party= not, "I'd like to be in it or help in some way." But just "have you guys picked your sides yet?"

I tell her, word for word, "my sister and BFF have been by my side for everything else in my life and they will be by my side for the wedding as well."

No one says anything else. Little comments here and there over the last 2 months but I always shut her down.

Now, I get a text from df tonight (like, 20 minutes ago) that says 'my sister is mad at us, she wants to be in the wedding party.'

I immediately sent "the f*&^%?' Followed by 'she can wear a tux and stand with M and C (best man and groomsman). Until she stops making creepy comments about ds, apologizes for the bs with L, and stops talking to L on fb, she will not be on my side.'

He hasn't responded yet (he gets off work in 30 min, so I wasn't expecting a response now anyway.)

Argh! No! I have 6 months left to plan this wedding, and I have literally got everything figured out, all we have to do is pay for it.
NO, NO, NO,NO ,NO, NO.

NO!!!

Sorry this is more of a rant than anything.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squag.mom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM

She could hand out programs at the ceremony...or roll up the aisle runner when you're done with it...hell if you're feeling friendly she can pass out hors d' oeuvres

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:37 AM
That's why I eloped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Tell the bitch no. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlynnf
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:38 AM
it's YOUR wedding. tell her to eff off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Me too!!
I had to many people trying to "help".
We shut off our phones and flew to Vegas. Lol

Quoting AngryBob:

That's why I eloped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Della03
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Have her do the Guest book and hand out programs. It's just as important :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup yup!! Jeans, t-shirts and a courthouse!!

Quoting AngryBob:

That's why I eloped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aadensma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:41 AM
My older sis got pissed because I didn't ask her to be in my wedding. We were never close and she was always horrible to me. She got pissed, didn't come to my wedding (told my mom she would go to my second wedding...) and hasn't spoken to me since. That was 3 years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:43 AM
I wanted to elope. My grandmother cried and said she'd pay for everything. She's not but has helped out with some wedding expenses.

We have both told her "NO!" Nicely and firmly. I am seriously going to flip shit. She is trying to make me become a bridezilla.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Not using a runner, have waiters for food, and may not use programs either.

Quoting squag.mom:

She could hand out programs at the ceremony...or roll up the aisle runner when you're done with it...hell if you're feeling friendly she can pass out hors d' oeuvres

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)