• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how many hours of sleep for your child(ren)?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:37 AM
  • 52 Replies
How many hours a day does your child sleep? What age is your child?

My 2 yr old DS does not sleep. He has went almost 50 hours with out sleeping once and often will go 24 hrs with out sleeping. He is special needs and can't take anything but melatonin for sleep and I just downloaded an app for my phone that graphs out his sleep and tells me what his sleep debt is and I have it set at ideal amount of sleep at 11 hours. And his current sleep debt is 28hrs and 14min. So I was just wondering how much sleep is average sleep for a 2 yr old?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aadensma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:39 AM
My ds would sleep 10 to 12 hours a night and then in the afternoon, 2 to 3 hours when he napped. He has always been a good sleeper though...have you talked to his dr about the lack of sleep? That can't be healthy :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyajay
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:39 AM
My kid sleeps like 12 or so hours a day. My friend has a special needs son and he wakes. A shit ton unless. He is worn in the ergo all night. Does yours just not fall asleep or not stay asleep?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM
My son is 8 and he gets roughly 8-9 hours a night. Hes been sleeping that much since he was 2-3. All of my life, since I was about 4, I've averaged 2-4 hours
moogsmom03
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Both my kids (ages 8 and 3) get on average 12 hours per night. They both usually go to bed around 8 and sleep till 8 every day. If they go to bed later than that they still get up around 8 or so. So every once in awhile they get less than 12 hrs, but not very often. I don't know how much they should be getting, I just know that this amount works great for my family, and with less sleep they are both cranky monsters! 

TashaLav
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Wow how do YOU do it?? Id be exhausted! Has the doc said anything? Just wonder...I think it's different for every kid when My son was 2 he would easily sleep at least 14hrs at night plus a 3 hr nap...sounds great...except you can't do much with a sleepin kid who if he didn't get sleep would be a monster!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anfinley89
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:41 AM

DD would usually sleep 10-12 hours a night. It took us forever to get her on a schedule though.

C-Leigh
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:42 AM
My son is 15 months and he sleeps 9 hrs at night and then a 1-2 hr nap during the day. Nap time length varies a lot depending on how active his beforehand.
Kylie819
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:42 AM
We shoot for 8-9 usually. We don't get home from dance til 9 on Mon-Thurs, then she has to shower and finish any homework. She tries to get in bed by 10.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CadesMum
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:42 AM
My son is two and we sleep around 10 hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amber7_marie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM
My 4 yr old sleeps around 10/11 hrs. If he sleeps less, then he will end up taking a nap in the afternoon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)