Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was asked by my SO what I really want for Mothers Day. I said what I really want is a little home deep fryer. The one I like is on sale for like $30. And for the kids to color me new pictures to hang at my desk. WE not just me or him, but WE got told an applicance is not a good gift to give for a holiday. Is it wrong for him to get me what I really want just because its an applicance if its what I asked for? I think its ridiculous but I thought I would get some other opinions.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM
If its what you want it shouldn't matter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rose0919
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:53 AM

thank you! i planted all of my seeds and everything is growing now. i love home made gifts, and dh loves working with wood so it works for both of us.(he has a pyrography(wood burning) buisness on the side)

Quoting Newfie_Mom:

ooooooohhhhhh. I like that!!!! 

Quoting rose0919:

i asked for a new ironing board lol. but i would rather have something i will use than another piece of jewlery  to sit in my jewlery box. for christmas i got a new washer.(i love it my water bill went down 50.00 with it) easter i didnt want  plants , i got a new hand made window box outside my kitchen window for all of my herbs.

Newfie_Mom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Thats really cool! The burning wood, I can just imagine what something like that would look like. Mine doesnt really do wood, shelves maybe. But he can work on anything with an engine. So my car always run good :)

Quoting rose0919:

thank you! i planted all of my seeds and everything is growing now. i love home made gifts, and dh loves working with wood so it works for both of us.(he has a pyrography(wood burning) buisness on the side)

Quoting Newfie_Mom:

Quoting rose0919:

i asked for a new ironing board lol. but i would rather have something i will use than another piece of jewlery  to sit in my jewlery box. for christmas i got a new washer.(i love it my water bill went down 50.00 with it) easter i didnt want  plants , i got a new hand made window box outside my kitchen window for all of my herbs.

rose0919
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM

just some of his work       Quoting Newfie_Mom:

Thats really cool! The burning wood, I can just imagine what something like that would look like. Mine doesnt really do wood, shelves maybe. But he can work on anything with an engine. So my car always run good :)

Quoting rose0919:

Quoting Newfie_Mom:

Quoting rose0919:

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM

What? I've never heard of that.

edelweiss23
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I asked for a small bag less vacuum for Mothers Day I have really bad allergies and vacume all the time. Hubby got it for me. The kids I am sure will make lots of cards(I love homemade cards better then store bought anyways)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM

whatever! If it's what you want who cares. I want one of the no no hair remover things lol

lil_Army_Wife05
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Who cares what others think. If that is what you want for Mothers Day, then so be it.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I think those who said that can go f themselves you should get whatever you want. And honestly i think your hubby is getting off cheap lol I want a spa day, dinner and a night in a hotel with him and no babies lol

SnookiBoo
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:24 PM

NO!  I wanted a coffee machine for my birthday.  It's what makes you happy, not what  the peanut gallery says you or him should do.  Enjoy it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN